Wednesday, November 30, 2005

New Profile Christmas Quilt

Darcie mentioned she liked my new Christmas Quilt pic. So I thought I had better share a bigger picture of it so you can actually see it!

I made this quilt for my mom's sister who is my Godmother and I love dearly. She got it from me for Christmas either last year or the year before - gosh I'm getting old can't even remember!
Anyway she is a Cardinal lover, so the center and the whole backing is that beautiful Cardinal fabric from Hoffman. The block is from Terri Atkinson's Confetti in the Corner book - I love that book - there are so many fun things you can do with those pieces to make the blocks look different. Anyway, the quilt really isn't Christmas fabric, just red and green - I did that so she could leave it out all year long - but it still kind of fit a Christmas look

2 comments from wonderful readers:

Tonya Ricucci said...

It's a beautiful, dynamic quilt, Dawn. Bet your aunt was thrilled to get it.

Quiltgranny said...

It's still gorgeous - either in the full size picture or the small one! I have that book, too, and have big plans-maybe it needs to be red and green, too? Thanks for sharing it!