Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April Showers bring May Flowers

If April Showers bring May Flowers - what do April snowstorms bring????!!!! I'm almost afraid to think of it. But yes, it is April 11th and we had a snowstorm last night and today. Visibility was terrible and the snow is the wet heavy kind. Roads were awful. You couldn't go more than 1/2 mile without seeing a car in the ditch. Here is my backyard today.... needless to say I don't have to tell you why the picture is so grey!

And here are more swap blocks. I"m going to keep the light colored background one in for now. I'm not sure what the other ladies will come up with for backgrounds. But that one may have to go. Guess it depends on what else gets swapped.

And here are some more 6" blocks for May's reproduction block swap. May's theme is "flying geese". Aren't they great!

25 comments from wonderful readers:

Darlene said...

As usual they are great. Love them all - couldn't pick a favorite.

Snow in April - oh I remember those Spring storms when we lived in New England.

CONNIE W said...

What a beautiful snow...would be so nice, say, on Christmas Eve? Mid-April...well I'm betting you would prefer a sunny day and warm temps.
The quilt blocks look really great. :)

Elaine Adair said...

What terrible snow weather, but what lovely blocks! Their beautiful colors more than make up for the gray snowy photo!

The block pictures brightened up my blah mood today.

Sweet P said...

We'll be getting that snow here tomorrow. I love snow, but I'm ready for spring.

Juliann in WA said...

oh my goodness - that is quite a bit of snow - love the flying geese blocks and I can't believe they are 6" - awesome

May Britt said...

I love your swap blocks. You always choose so nice colours. Snow!!!!! An awful thing in april. We had our snowstorm this weekend after I have changed to summer tires on my car.

Darlene said...

AH - Paula Vaughn in your banner!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love those flying geese blocks. But that snow is really amazing!

Carole said...

Thanks to the Thinker Blogger award, I have discovered your site. Your blocks look lovely. As for the snow, I just hope most of it came down and there's little left for us! ;o) Keep well and happy quilting!

Carol said...

Oh my, what a snow...love the swap blocks. I like the light background blocks...sort of makes it sparkly. Oh my those flying geese blocks are awesome.

Joyce said...

We're done with winter but it looks like winter is not done with us. Love the blocks.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh yucky snow! Love the blocks for your swap - really lovely.

Darcie said...

We received a lot of that wet, heavy snow too. The gravel roads are nearly un-travelable...especially without 4 wheel drive.

Could you tea dye those lighty-whitey backgrounds? My girldfriend put some tea (or was it coffee?) into a spritz bottle and spritzed a quilt once. Just a thought.

Love the geese! I bet the geese that have come back to our area are flying in circles just like your fabric ones...wondering what in the world they're doing in this frozen tundra! ;-)

Teodo said...

Dawn
for me that I've not seen snow in this winter the picture is nice.....But I understand you.

but I prefer your swap and your blocks.
Your old Easter cards are wonderful.
ciao ciao

Anne Ida said...

Oh, your blocks are so beautiful, Dawn! I'm sure the swappers will love them!

Snow in April - brrrr!

Nicole said...

I discovered your site from Darlene's tagging you with the Thinking Blogger award, and what a pleasure it is to see your work! I will be checking in often. Can you tell me what block pattern your swap block is made from? I really do like that one. It is perfect for the scrappy type of things I do.

Wendy said...

Oh...sorry to see you are snowed in after all it's April and we are all ready for sunny days.
The swap blocks are great.

Lucy said...

Snow ??? Ohh my that's a lot in april! Tho, it's beautiful.
and your blocks too...as usual I love them !

Libby said...

I think the snow looks beautiful - okay, I know, I know, I don't know anything about snow . . . but it sure looks pretty to me *s*
The swap blocks are very nice. The light ones look fine because there's more than one, but if you decide against them think about that fabulous walnut crystal dye - my new, fun friend - I was just spritzing some the other day.

atet said...

Snow in April brings cranky folks from the midwest to blogs because going outside is too depressing!

Your swap blocks are fantastic! How in the world do you get the flying geese that small?!?

atet said...

Snow in April brings cranky folks from the midwest to blogs because going outside is too depressing!

Your swap blocks are fantastic! How in the world do you get the flying geese that small?!?

Lily Mulholland said...

Dawn you've been so busy I can't keep up! Glad you've been nominated for the award!

Love your flying geese. You might have to write a tutorial on them too, since you did such a great job re the freezer paper method.

Thanks for sharing your tips - your quilting is just beautiful and I thank you for letting us all in on your secrets :)

YankeeQuilter said...

Those swap blocks are great...the snow gives lots of excuses to say in and sew no?!

Kairle Oaks said...

Your backyard looks beautiful. Sure glad it's there and not here. lol!

What great repo blocks. They'll make an amazing quilt.

meggie said...

The snow does look beautiful. But i know it is not always fun!
Love the swap blocks- quite like the light ones in there.