Monday, April 16, 2007

Some more eye Candy...


Here is some more eye candy. I"m sharing today some of the "Celebrate Spring" quilts. My favorite had to be the one above of the little boy doing the summersault. Isn't it adorable!





And what is spring without sheep!



Or frogs.....


And this family of owls was wonderful.


I thought I would share some vendor candy also. I did get permission of the owners to take these pictures in their booths, so don't anyone panic. Above is Lori Smith in her booth. I remember last year, her booth was so small and packed. She lauged that she got a bigger one this year! Her quilts in real life are wonderful. They all have this wonderful muted mud like color. I asked her if she tea died or treated her fabrics to get that wonderful muddy color, but she said no, she just acheived it by using the right fabrics. Amazing! And she also told me she LOVES her job! (But that she is really busy and is working every waking minute)!


And the star-like quilt with applique and the quilt in the corner over the mans head are 2 quilts I saw in Paducah last year and loved, but chickened out of buying. They are from Laundry Basket Quilts. So I broke down this year and bought the patterns! Aren't the pretty! The one in the corner is made with templates and she developed a way to piece it so there are no inset seams! I was hooked after she showed me the demo. That was why I chickened out last year from buying the pattern! Oh and she had nice templates to use so I can rotary cut with them! Had to get those too!

The above quilt is really more blocks, this is just a smaller version. I bought a kit and pattern for this one last year in Paducah but am afraid to cute into the fabrics! I thought maybe if I took a picture of it this year it would inspire me! (Or make me more afraid!) This booth, and kit were from Quilt Plus in Indianapolis, and the pattern is a Quakertown quilts pattern called Sleeping Beauty.

14 comments from wonderful readers:

Tracey in CT said...

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures!!!

Karen said...

Bad Dawn, Bad Dawn!! Now my head is swimming in ideas and wanna do's! But I have some new ideas about settings for our swap blocks *smile* love the idea of a smaller block set into a star and making a larger block...hummmmmm
Great! I need to shut off the ideas for a little bit! Bad Karen, Bad Karen LOL
-me

Karen said...

oh-btw! I forgot...loved the photos, especially the one of Lori Smith's booth. I got so caught up in the sites you linked and my major brain over- activity! I think my favorite spring quilt was the little boy (the first one posted in today's eye candy) Thank you for letting us get a look
Karen

meggie said...

Thanks so much for sharing all this. Wonderful treat to see.

Tazzie said...

Ohhh Dawn, I purchased the very same pattern while I was in Paducah, at the very same booth. Wouldn't it be so funny if we were there at the same time. Not yet friends, and maybe standing right next to each other! I remember the booth, there were so many quilts I really loved.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Unknown said...

After having spent much to much time on the links you showed, I have to thank you still for the nice pictures. I fell in love right away with the Dresden plate pattern and as I have just sewed a similar block in just 2 colours, I will have a try at that one at any rate. So off I go! Take care.

Lily Mulholland said...

Dawn wow what a lot of inspiration. Loved the compass one the best.

Also love the countdown clock you've got going in your banner!!

Judy said...

Oh Dawn that Sleeping Beauty just begs to be made!!! I love doing new york beauties and have just the scraps. Cut your fabric and start sewing!

Nicole said...

What fabulous photos you took! My gosh, and what a lot of incredible ideas for inspiration! Thanks you so much for sharing.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, love that last one but all are stunning-stop motivating me to make too much stiff! Tracey

Helen said...

Thanks for the eye candy.

Wendy said...

I love the Lori Smith booth of quilts. I've done a couple of her patterns and really enjoy them.
Thanks for the eye candy.

sophie said...

I purchased the Dresdan Star from Edyta when she came to our guild last year. She's so clever and generous with her knowledge ... I just loved her. I was really happy to see Laundry Basket Quilts in Chicago--it was their first year and I think it went really well for them.

Hedgehog said...

I just love that little sheep! Thanks for sharing the photos.