Monday, April 02, 2007

I keep playing...

I'm in several block swaps, so this weekend I spent some time working on misc blocks! Here are some of them. The cute little crossed canoe blocks were coming along until I went to put them together, I lost 1/4th of my second block! I finally found it late last night under some fabric for my nickel swaps! So I'll get that sewn together tonight.

So not much too exciting to show you, but I was busy doing some quilting!

12 comments from wonderful readers:

darlynn said...

Dawn, love the new blocks! And the countdown clock is fun! Was at someone else's blog and they had the same thing.
The canoe block is very nice.

Elaine Adair said...

LOVE that cozy warm Crossed Canoe as well as the other 6 blocks in progress. You have a lovely sense of color!

Unknown said...

I've always loved that crossed canoes block as my husband is an ardent paddler so it would be very apt but it does look fiddly with those points - did you foundation piece it or use templates?

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn - thanks for your comment - no I can't say I do know what you mean by that method - please enlighten me

meggie said...

Love the crossed canoe block.
Lovely work.

Carol said...

I love your crossed canoe block. You have the neatest little blocks.

CONNIE W said...

Great looking blocks. You're getting more sewing done than I am.

Lucy said...

owow I see so many beautiful blocks on your blog!!!

Teodo said...

Great your block!!! It's very beautiful.
ciao ciao

Karen said...

I love the crossed canoes, Dawn! and the other blocks are fabulous as well- not that I'm surprised. you have a great color sense and do such precise work! Doesn't it feel good to sit and sew. Always makes for a happy girl.

Libby said...

More great blocks - you do such neat stuff. Can I be your cheerleader *s*

KC Quilter said...

Really love your Crossed Canoes! You have such a great sense of what fabrics go together well. Could you be my tutor???