Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Goodies, Goodies and even more Goodies!

The time has come for the goodie post! I've been so busy at work trying to get everything done before I go to Paducah that I hadn't had time to take pics of my goodies from the Chicago quilt show. So today I was working from home and decided to take some time out to just DO IT! Above you see my beautiful collection of new patterns I got! Dresden Star and Day Break are from Laundry Basket Quilts (I wrote about them in the previous post). Colonial Crown is from a lady who lives in the Rockford area. I"ve taken many classes from her she makes wonderful patterns. I've made so many of her quilts. Her pattern company name is Open Gate Quilts. Oh the 2 applique block patterns are from Laundry Basket Quilts also.

Then I got some fun patterns for me to make quick gifts. I like to have things like this on hand. The first one is Gifts for Quilters. This is a quilt pattern by Annie - who also made the pattern for those thread organizers I made and showed in back posts. The pattern I got this year has an ID badge/pencil holder/purse for around your neck, a small pouch wallet, a pinchusion and a little needle case. The middle pattern is mostly for the pincushion. I really liked the little pomegranite/pineapple shaped thing on a wool pincushion and decided I would never remember how it looked (even if I drew it) later, so I just paid the $7 and got the pattern. It is called Pinapple Plantation from Little Stitches. I've never seen their patterns but loved their booth! I could have bought way more pattens for things like wool matts, ornaments, pins and pincushions! Seasons of Time is also from Little Stitches and is just another 3 pincushion patterns. But I loved all 3!

I also had to get this little tiny wall hanging that hangs on this old bobbin for summer. I never have anything real summery and I just loved the big flower, crow and watermelon! And hanging on the bobbin was just too cute! This one came from Country Lore Designs. They had a TON of really primitive type wall hangings and patterns. And a ton of seasonal little patterns that hang on these bobbins.

I also couldn't resist a little wool kit for a gingerbread man table mat! I just love gingerbread men! It was from Primitive Gatherings by Lisa Bongean. Their booth is always wonderful, and I've been to her store 3 times now! Look at all the lucious brown wools!



And then comes my most unusual quilt show purchase! Curtains for my bedroom and bathroom windows! Can you believe it - curtains! Indo-US was there, they are the ones who make all those woven tea towels you buy in quilt stores to applique on. Well they had rag rugs and curtains. And I"ve been looking for some valences for my bedroom and bathroom for about a year. My old ones had just had it. Well I saw these, loved them and they were cheap! Got them home, all washed up and ironed and hung! Oh and notice my bathroom has a quilt framed over the toilet so I can make my husband look at quilts while he pee's! The kids get a big chuckle out of that!

16 comments from wonderful readers:

Unknown said...

It made me chuckle too - you've got to indoctrinate them any way you can! What a lot of treasure - and that's before you even get to Paducah

Karen said...

I'm positively ooohing and aaahing over the pretties that came home with you. Maybe I should take another suitcase to Paducha??
Thanks for today's chuckle! I love the framed Loir Smith (?) over the potty! Too good....makes them look though doesn't it! Good for you.
**smiles**

His Office, My Studio said...

Great goodies and photos. You got some of the quilts I missed. Have a great time in Paducha!

Carol said...

What wonderful goodies you got in Chicago. I hope to be able to go next year. We should have planned Andy's retirement better :) Can't wait to see what you find in Paducah.

Carole said...

Wow, those are some sweet goodies from Chicago. What a cute tiny wall hanging! I love your purchases. The quilter's gift, what a great idea! Oh, by the way, my birthday is Nov 3! ;o) lol Thanks for sharing!

May Britt said...

Goodies goodies. Love that dresden star pattern best of all. Dresden plate have always been one of my favorite blocks and this was a new one for me. Ejoy your goodies.

Darlene said...

Wow, wow, wow - great looking goodies from Chicago. Wonderful treasures to enjoy.

And, the curtains look terrific.

atet said...

Ohhh, what wonderful goodies. A quilt in the bathroom...hmmnnn...now that has possibilities...

Lily Mulholland said...

That's quite a haul Dawn! Enjoy Paducah too!

And I love the framed quilt over the loo!

KC Quilter said...

Wowzie, wow, wow---I love all your loot. I WANT your loot!! Good job of enhancing the national economy.

kelley said...

I love that framed quilt too...
what a great bunch of goodies you collected...those elegent flower patterns are sweet...

meggie said...

Lucky you, with all your goodies.
I loved the curtains.
But most of all I loved the pee quilt idea!! LOL

YankeeQuilter said...

I love those elegant garden blocks but didn't see them on their web site...are they really new or really old?! What a great shopping trip this turned out to be!

Wendy said...

Wow you were busy shopping, great load of loot you came home with. Thanks for sharing the pictures, I love the tiny wall hanging with the sunflower.

Betty said...

Dawn love all those goodies great idea using a bobbin for a mini hanger!! I have a few of those "hangin around"

Libby said...

Can I come over and play? You got some great stuff *s*