Sunday, April 29, 2007

I"m home!

Got home about 8:30 tonight, so I"m just posting a quick hello. I have so much I could show you I would never have enough time! 2 highlights - Dinner with Bonnie and Lucy! I had such a wonderful time with them! My only regret is that I couldn't have spent an entire week with them! Both of them are more than sweet! And they look and act like sisters! Made me totally jealous! In one picture (I'd have to find it yet) I was in between them and they are TALL and thin, and I"m short and not thin at all! It was so funny! In the picture above is Bonnie, Lucy and Laura in the front and Linda and me in the back.

My other hightlight - and totally unplanned - was meeting Rupert from survivor! On the way down we had dinner and stopped at a Borders bookstore and he just happened to be there giving a talk! So I got to sit in and listen and have a chat with him! He is so down to earth and fun to listen too. And yes, I love watching Survivor.


Time for bed for me! Night!

11 comments from wonderful readers:

Tazzie said...

Ohhh Dawn, how fun to see Bonnie, Lucy and Rupert all in one week! I love Paducah, and I love to watch Survivor too!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Carol said...

Glad you are home safe and sound and sounds like the most wonderful trip. I am looking forward to more pictures.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Consider yourself a lucky duck!

Elaine Adair said...

How nice to see what you look like!

Love your phrase about "Not tall and thin." Same here.

Glad you had fun - what a blast! Thanks for the photos.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Dawn, it was such a treat to meet you. I wish we could have spent more time together too! Next time we will have to plan it that way!

*hugs*
Bonnie

Libby said...

Quilt shows and famous people - man, you are one lucky gal *s*

Teodo said...

Wonderful photo and wonderful women!
....and I think fantastic Paducah.
ciao ciao

Paula, the quilter said...

I think I like the "not tall and thin" better than the "squatty body" I've been using. Sounds like a very wonderful weekend.

YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Isn't it fun when you just run into these things!

Karen said...

what a wonderful photo of "the gang"!
I have to wait for my room mate to post ours as I ran out of space on my camera taking pictures of quilts! Paducah is certainly overwhelming....and I changed to a smaller bag and totally left your cell # at home....waaaaaaaaa!
Maybe next year!
Glad you had such a good time.

darlynn said...

Welcome home! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Lucky you to meet internet friends....don't we know! And always, thank you for the wonderful pictures and great read.