Sunday, April 15, 2007

So many things to share




I have so much I could share with you from the Chicago Show! I have no idea where to start! Today I'll share a few of the Patriotic-like quilts I saw. I tried to capture all the sheets too so everyone would know who made them and about the quilts themselves. Aren't they just wonderful?




Then there was this quilt. I turned the corner and there it was. It hit me so the moment I saw it. And then when I read the sheet it touched me so I cried.


Last but not least are these compass quilts - not really patriotic, but the compass/star theme kind of fits in.




I hope to share more, but I have to go in and adjust the colors on my photos and I just don't have time right now. I have to figure out how to adjust the camera yet.



16 comments from wonderful readers:

Unknown said...

Lovely quilts - thank you so much for sharing - I really like the last one - that white four patch grid effect is really lovely - have to store that away for future reference - so many ideas, so many quilts, so little time!!!

Patti said...

Oh my Dawn - what marvelous quilts! I'm so jealous of you getting to attend this fabulous show!

Darlene said...

Oh, Dawn - thanks so much for sharing all the beautiful "eye candy". I was at the Chicago Quilt Show last year with a friend - wish we'd know each other then as it would have been fun to meet. It's show I'd love to attend again.

We may have stood in line together - makes one wonder. :-)

May Britt said...

WOW...they are beutiful. Coming home from such a festival your head is loaded with ideas. And what a great idea to take photos of the signs. That gives credit to the quiltmaker. Looking forward to see more :)

Anonymous said...

I'm without words : so beautiful quilts ! Thank's to sharing these beauties with us !

MARCIE said...

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory...of these awesome patriotic quilts, and more! Thanks Dawn!

Karen said...

Dawn, this is the best eye candy all weekend, thanks for sharing.
The last quilt just about knocked my socks off! I'm filing that away for future inspiration.
Can't wait to hear more about the show. Glad you enjoyed. And may I remind you..Paducha here we come- can't be soon enough for me *smile*

Nancy in MT said...

I got goose bumps when I read and saw the quilt called "The Price".

His Office, My Studio said...

Wish we had met at the show. I was there all day Fri, Sat and today.

atet said...

YEAH! someone took pictures!!! I was at the show but, of course, forgot the camera. It was better than forgetting the diaper bag (which I have done before -- bad mommy) but I could have kicked myself for not getting photos of those fantastic quilts! Thanks for posting these and I can't wait to see more!

Carol said...

Dawn thank you so much for the virtual quilt show. Look forward to more pics.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, what beauties! I can see why you teared up when reading about The Price--I did too. Hope to see more soon.

Jane Ann said...

Scrumptious! Thank you for the tour, Dawn.

Pilar Ramos said...

Whatever quilts precious, you will have enjoyed much viendolos. Pilar from Spain

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Thank you for taking me along to the show. Loved "The Price."

ForestJane said...

Beautiful!

I am in awe of all those perfect points - someday I hope to quilt that well. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)