Friday, March 05, 2010

Cheddar Doll Quilt, Xmas Tree Skirts and more Bday fun!

I FINALLY got a chance to play. As I've mentioned this is my year for finishing up things that had been started but not finished. And I"ve done a good job of getting things finished already this year. If I"m not finishing I"m doing gifts. So tonight I decided I was going to play! I finally started Lori's Cheddar Cheese and Cracker doll quilt! Tomorrow I'll be doing more. How cool is it already!

I also got another bday gift this week. Here is what I got from my good friend Lynn. A green tea towel to applique something on, a medium size thread catcher and a really FUN chicken pillowcase! Lynn knows I love chickens and just look at these! Are they just not so funny! It is going on my pillow straight away!

The thread catcher is bigger than my mini ones, but smaller than the normal size ones. I took a picture of it with the others so you can get an idea. I saw one she had made up in this fabric and just had to have one. She knows I love green and look at that lemonade fabric! Isn't it the best! And look at the fun lime fabric inside! I was so excited!


And if you have been wondering where I got the pattern for those awesome tree skirts I've been making; Tazzie now has the pattern up on her website for sale. It is on special for March and April. Go check it out.

3 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

the catchers look cute all lined up
love your start on the cheddar quilt I am going to start mine too , maybe tomorrow
trying to finish something else first
I LOVE that quilt and everytime I see one I wish I would have made it when everyone else did

so I NEED to make it asap!
Kathie

Karen said...

Your chicken pillow case is certainly a fun one!

Lori said...

What a fun post!! I hope you get a chance to do more on your cc&c today. It goes together pretty fast:)
Love teh pillowcase and basket. What fun to still be celebrating your birthday!!