Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tumber Quilt is Almost Done!

I have my tumbler plaid quilt all pieced and back from the quilter! I even got the binding sewn on it tonight! Now just to stitch it down on the back. It is huge so I got as good of pictures as I could.

And look at the fun back I pieced! I just love how the back turned out! Another finish for 2010!

27 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

I love this quilt and started collecting squares of plaids to make this quilt eventually too!
love the back, very resourceful!
I will be in Pa fabric shopping today thinking of you

Deb said...

Q&P this quilt is awesome!! I love the different shades and you are right it is huge!! your backing IS just as much fun as the front..thanks for sharing!!

~Joan said...

This is amazing. I clicked on the pic to enlarge, but can't see the detail...how is it quilted?

~Joan, who is sort of copying your spool quilt, but it's on point.

Karen said...

my gosh, girl! You are awesome!!
I just love this one....where do you find the time...so jealous, lol.
Karen ;-)

Ruth said...

That was quite an undertaking and it is beautiful!

Lori said...

Wow! That quilt is amazing!!! I love all the wonderful pieces on the back too!!

Marga (MarPie) said...

I realy love this quilt and the back is just lovely.
Greetings,
Marga

tami said...

Congratulations. That is an impressive quilt. Gorgeous.

*karendianne. said...

Ohh and Ahhh! This is something else! I love it and your back is simply amazing. Yep, amazing. Dig the entire quilt, friend. You are continually blowing us all away with your coolness. I dig that about you. Just one of many things...

Deb said...

I just love that quilt!!! You're giving me so many sources of inspiration. I really like the backed piece too. Plain backings are okay, but rather boring depending on the quilting. I love this backing.

Kim West said...

very nice. a tumbler is on my "someday" list. I love how you pieced the back.

Jill Chapman said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I love your balance of colours and tones on the front and the back is amazing! So unusual, it's a pity to keep it on the back

Material Mary said...

I came on over for a long overdue visit. Love the tumbler quilt--way to go. You have been making some very fun projects!!
Mary

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wonderful finish! Congrats.

Vicki said...

What an accomplishment - beautiful! Love the back - quilt bonus when the back is a surprise! Looks like the binding will take a bit of time.

Diane said...

Spectacular Dawn!

Stina Blomgren said...

Love it.. and the background... wow.. even more love..:o)

Vivian said...

This is one very impressive quilt. Well done! I'm equally impressed with the whimsical back. I love quilt backs with personality like this one has.

Browndirtcottage said...

I'm loving those triangles...oh yes! This is a great quilt and the back....well, it could be another quilt top...great job!

Taryn said...

Two great quilts in one! Love the plaids (and that back).

Gayle said...

I almost think I like the back of your tumbler quilt better than the front! LOVE IT!

MARCIE said...

Oh my gosh, you had fun with that back! Both sides are wonderful!

Wendy said...

The back looks as good as the front. I love the plaids you used.

Narelle said...

Wow, the back is another quilt by itself!
How do you get the back to line up so straight?

Janet said...

wowee, I'm glad I didn't miss this one even if I am a bit slow. It's wonderful and I love the back just as much. Two for one.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! That is awesome!
Love the back too...spectacular finish!

Lucy said...

Wow Dawn, your tumbler quilt is GREAT! and a finish. I hope that I can show soon a finished quilt too!