Friday, September 24, 2010

I've been busy..

I've been busy.. but not sewing so much. I did however finish up one project today! Lets cheer for that! I feel like anything I can get done these days is cause for a celebration!

My stitches are not perfect, but mom will like it I think! Pattern is called "Winter Friends" by Penny Lane Primitives. (the pattern has a holly leaf on the other side of the hat, but I didn't put it on - I wanted to make it more generic winter and not so Christmas).

14 comments from wonderful readers:

Darlene said...

Oh this is absolutely adorable, Dawn. Very cute snowmen. I wish I could work with wool there are so many sweet projects. Sigh!

;-)

julieQ said...

That is just so cute! I love it...your stitchery is great.

Karen said...

The snowman mat is adorable!

Loris said...

Adorable! I love the snowmen. You did a great job and I love the cardinals too!

Andrea said...

It is gorgeous - mum will love it xx

Karen said...

oh so cute!! been so busy here I haven't been able to enjoy reading and commenting. Phew! Glad things are now slowing down (shhh....)
Anyway! Love the table mat, such cute snowmen!!
Karen

Melanie said...

Who wouldn't love this. Great pattern.....The little red bird on top is adorable.

*karendianne. said...

I pulled out the electron microscope. Couldn't find any stitching problems. Do you think the fact that I'm blind has anything to do with it? silly *karendianne. who thinks she'd like to do wooly things.

Taryn said...

It is so cute. I love cardinals and you did a great job with the small detailed pieces.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!
Also...I entered your name at Millie's Quilting for the GO! to help since you were having trouble.

susan said...

Your pic doesn't do it justice! It is stinkin adorable

Barb said...

three cheers for you. what a cute project. it would be perfect for a candle - I love it.

Carole said...

Oh my goodness, it's adorable! I love it! Well, yea, your mum will like it! And it is perfect! So stop that nonsense! ;o) I haven't worked in wool as of yet. I have 3 kits that I bought at the Quilted Crow that I have not done yet. I got stuck at the fusible stage! Not sure I want to use that stuff. Do you use it in your work? If so, what kind? We now carry wool at the shoppe and I do need to get familiar with it so that I can help the customers! One day, that's what I keep telling myself! lol Can you tell I'm taking time to do some much needed catch up on blogland? lol Cheers!

Kathy said...

Hi~

I'm Kathy from Penny Lane Primitives, the designer for this pattern. I just came across your blog and wanted to thank you for making one of my designs and sharing it with your followers. It came out great! I'm so flattered by the comments that you received, as I'm sure you are also. I hope you had fun stitching up this fun candle mat & your mom loves it! If you know of anyone that would like to purchase a pattern, all of my designs are available at patternmart.com. Very easy designs to make! I also sell wholesale. I don't have a web site yet, but I do have a blog. Pennylaneprimitives@blogspot.com. You can place an order through there. Thanks again & happy blogging!