Thursday, September 02, 2010

It all started a year and a half ago.....

My starting Block

Long, long, looooongg ago 14 online quilters decided to do a small Round Robin. The group had done this before and were short a participant, so one of the members - who shall remain nameless - roped, I mean asked me to join in.



Sharon's Starting Block

When I found out it was only a small quilt by the end, I said sure - I would give it a try. But the RR lasted for 15 months! So it took us all a long time to get our finished quilts in our hands! Well it is done now so I want to share! (And forgive me - I don't recall where the rounds instructions came from. I"ll have to ask)

Kate's Starting Block

The first block we made was for our own quilt. We got to pick the color choices and theme. Size of the block had to be a 4" x 4" (finished size) block. Today I'm sharing everyones starting blocks.

Julie's

Hope you enjoy!

Jan's

Debbie's

Becky's


Amy's

Nancy's

Margaret's

Karen's

Toni's

Suzette's

Sue's

5 comments from wonderful readers:

Karen said...

Some very interesting starting blocks for the robin, especially the two that are just fabric. Yours has a definite Amish look and I wonder if that look has continued. The flip flops on the sandy looking fabric was a very good starting idea too.

Holly @ Hello Audrey Ruth said...

Cool blocks! I like the flip flops!! Why is there a picture of a baby though? haha

Loris said...

Those blocks are wonderful! Interesting as I am joining in my first progressive or round robin quilt this month. I will watch to see how your round robin blocks grew.

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

This will be great fun watching these grow as you post them with more rows!!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh what a treat. Such talented ladies participating! How fun to see this unfold. I'm smiling.