Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sometimes you just need to finish something!

Sometimes when you work and work and work on hard projects, you just have to stop and do something quick and fun! That is what I did this weekend. Above is my little quilt I made from leftover squares from my brownstone quilt! I even quilted it up and got it bound!

A pic with the rotary cutter for you to get an idea of size.


And what you may ask have I been working and working and working on. Well actually 2 projects. Above is a peek at a secret project I can't show yet because it is for H and her husband and she checks out my blog from time to time. But let me tell you - I'm only about 1/2 way done and I"ve been working on it since July! (partly because I'm slow and have been busy with work).

I also am in charge of our guilds raffle quilt. It will be beautiful when done, but there are a million pieces and they are small! Just a taste of what that the pieces look like right now. Let me tell you - it is keeping me busy!

11 comments from wonderful readers:

Heartsdesire said...

A very cute little doll quilt. And you are right, sometimes you just need to finish something to get you going on the next project. And, by the way, your next project looks great.

antique quilter said...

cute little quilt oh Hollys present looks interesting..love those blocks!!!!
can't wait to see the raffle quilt done, ah you are so busy!
Kathie

WoolenSails said...

I love making mini quilts, they are fun and quick.
I really love the quilt that you used the fabrics in, it is beautiful. You do a lot of quilting and are making some beautiful things.

Debbie

Janet said...

You have a lot on the go there but I agree with the stop and make something simple philosophy, love the wee quilt.

Barb said...

I love your little quilt - so cute and sweet - great fabrics.
you and me both on the raffle quilt, it's going to seriously cut in on my quilting for a bit. Love what you've shared.

Loris said...

I like an easy finish now and then too. I purposely make little quilts like yours to put under computers and office equipment. Protects the counter and looks nicer. Nice work!

Holly @ Hello Audrey Ruth said...

Haha come on mom prioritize...what is more important: cool quilted gifts for Adam and me or work? haha

Wendy said...

Oh I love little quilts and yours is delightful. I agree sometimes I just need to finish something too. You have been very busy, the guild quilt looks like enough to keep me busy full time.

Vivian said...

Those little finished projects are a confidence builder when it seems that we're just.. not.. getting.. anything.. done. Your little Q is sweet.
I'm hoping to get going on my Brownstone again. It got put aside (and buried by stuff) and it's time to revive it.
Are you working solo on the raffle quilt? Love those fabrics.

Carole said...

I read you about quick project! That's why I've been a busy bee getting those small hand embroidered quilts done. I have a couple more almost done! Looking forward to seeing full size pics of your projects! They do look yummy! Love the civil war fabrics you are using. I have the whole collection at the shoppe! FYI, the new collection will be called Civil War Chronicles! Apparently, it's a 6 part series! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

susan said...

your wee quilt is stinkin cute
love the rich colors. will you put in on a wall or lay it on something?
that quilt that you are working on for the guild is going to be fantastic (if you dont kill yourself making it!!!)