Thursday, March 22, 2007

Arghhhh

Well I kind of am making progress on the mystery block. And this will for sure give it away! But I was short 8 brown HST's tonight, and my corner squares and setting triangles are too small! (Remember I was winging the sizes - so I"m not surprised!). But there is also one bigger mistake. I know, looking at it quick you might not notice it, but it is going to bug me so I will be ripping it out. And as I rip out I"ll rip out the setting squares and triangle and make those bigger.

Here are few pics from my Monday night sewing group. Isn't this small quilt cute! It is made with scraps from a big quilt Julie is making called chocolate covered cherries. So the one made from the scraps she is calling Cherry Pits!

And this is Julie's challenge top so far! She just has to get the borders on.

Last but not least is Barb's mini-mini she made from her scraps of the mini challenge quilt! Isn't it fun to see what she did, compared to my mini-mini 9-patch!

On the well front, it had been working all week until this morning after Emily took her shower, but before Jenna got hers done! Oh and the well guy never called since Monday so Mark called another person. He came out and replaced the pump and we still have problems! So Mark has dug up the lawn - it looks like we have a short in the electricity from the pump to the house. So never dull around here! I'm still catching up from being gone for work, so this is short.

10 comments from wonderful readers:

May Britt said...

It has to be tiny tiny pieces in you mystery block. And I can se the mistake. You forgot to but a blue row of squares at the top left innner triangle. So your flying gees border is missing there. I would like you rip it out and add them. And then your square at the top left will be the correc size.
I love the colours you are using in this. It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Wow - all those HSTs make me shudder - but it will be awesome when finished

Lily Mulholland said...

Dawn this mystery quilt is going to be stunning. What a lot of work - I don't blame you for fixing a small mistake as it's such a structured design. Looks marvellous and I too love the colour combo.

Carol said...

Dawn this mystery project is just breathtaking. You are amazing.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Boy I stared and stared and just couldn't find the mistake. I even read May Britt's comment three times before I finally found it. Just shows how observant I am! :) I wouldn't make a good witness!
It is going to be stunning when it's done and all those HST! Any tips on how you made them all?

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Loving the mystery quilt. Sorry about the water, pleased it was the pump,-had visions of all of us having to turn up with shovels and dig another well!!Cheers, Tracey

Elaine Adair said...

uuoooohhhhh ... too teensy for me. And even though May said she sees the mistake, and described it, my eyes just glaze over at the tinyness and I don't see anything except the triangle points a bit off. Darn it! But your colors are beautiful! And your patienence is astounding!

Katie said...

My daughter complained about her city water bill until I reminded her how much it cost to put our new well down. Free water for many years and then we pay all our water bills at one time, huh?

Deb Geyer said...

The mystery block is stunning!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Mistake? I don't see any mistake. Great colors and oh my lots of little triangles. keep going, you're almost there!

Lots of gorgeous work featured today - love the cherry pits (and what a great name).