Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's been a long day...

It's been a long day.... our well broke last night so we don't have any water. And of course it will probably be a fortune to get fixed, so DH is not real happy. Needless to say I'm tired and not very chatty. But I thought if nothing else I could share some progress with you on the mystery block!

Here's to warm/hot showers in the days to come!!! Heck at this point any kind of shower would be welcome!

21 comments from wonderful readers:

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear about the water problems, I hope it will be fixed without too much expense.
The mystery blocks are really looking good, can't wait to see more.

Leah Spencer said...

Aww, that stinks! And funny, you seem to feel much more thirsty when you know you don't have water. :P

SuBee said...

Well problems are the pits - I hope that gets fixed soon! Your mystery blocks are stunning. That blue/brown combo is terific!

Libby said...

I grew up with well water and never felt affected when a problem cropped up. Boy do I feel bad now -- I can see all that can get fouled up. Here's hoping for a swift and inexpensive fix.

Sue said...

Bummer, it seems like it's always something when you have a house. We keep thinking we've fixed everything that could possibly break, but something always manages to break down anyway! Now you deserve some really good luck to even things out....

QuiltNut Creations said...

very pretty. hope it doesn't cost too much to fix your well

Unknown said...

Your Mystery is getting really nice, all those small pieces! I like the colour combination, can´t wait to see more. I hope your well problem gets easily solved. Take care.

Carol said...

Dawn hope the well fix is quick, easy and inexpensive. Wonderful blocks. I love blue and brown. Take care...

Rosemary said...

Hi Dawn, i like those blocks you posted! Hopefully , your well just lost prime and the pump didn't go out. We have a well here at the office, and lose prime all the time. I may be wrong, but i don't think the pumps are too awfully expensive..Rosemary

Lucy said...

WOW Dawn .. this is beautiful I LOVE it . I can't wait to see more !!!

meggie said...

Hope the wrinkles are soon worked out!
(((0))) Hugs!

Anne Ida said...

Sorry to read about your water problem! Hope it will get fixed soooooon! The mystery block is coming along nicely! Love the colours. And I really love how the mini nine patch worked out!

Darcie said...

Hope by now you've got the water problems fixed, Dawn! You can always come stay with me...and bring all of your projects...and we'd have a great time! (We've only got one bathroom though...so although you'd get a shower, it may not be a warm one. Unless, that is, you beat me up in the morning. I mean...wake up before me...not beat me up like kicking and hitting!) ;-)

That 9-Patch is precious!!! And I love your blue and brown w-i-p!!!

Hugs to you!

Teodo said...

Beautiful your blog, it's a happy blog. Thanks.
ciao ciao

Kairle Oaks said...

Your mystery has really piqued my interest. I'm staying tuned.....

I hope the water situation is resolved by now!
Kairle

Anonymous said...

WOW, WOW ! This sure is a beautiful mystery ! Can't wait seeing the next blocks !

I'm so sorry about your water problems, I really do hope they'll get solved quickly, Dawn....

Big hugs & smiles !
NADINE

ps : your spring blog setting is so fresh and nice !

sewprimitive karen said...

Pretty blocks. Keep us posted re the well situation; what broke? I was without water for a few weeks in a new fixer-upper I purchased in downtown Atlanta in the early 80s (horrible freeze melted all the pipes, which were outside would you believe, under the house (!). I showered at the Y for weeks. Did you go fabric shopping after your business trip?

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh bugger! Sorry to hear about your water problems Dawn.

Lovely work on the mystery blocks. Love the teal and chocolate combo.

Finn said...

Hi Dawn, so sorry to hear about the well...$$$ and misery! Love the little 9 patch, just too adorable. As always, you work is just beautiful! Hugs, Finn

Laura said...

Dawn - everything you have been doing is soooo awesome. Tell me more about this mystery quilt.

And you should have told me about your well!!!! I am an expert at that! I hope all is fixed and you have water.

Tazzie said...

Gosh Dawn, I hope your well gets fixed soon, there's nothing worse than being short of water. I love that piecing, it's just divine! I'll look forward to seeing more of the mystery revealed!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)