Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I was lax in telling you about Laura's

Yes, I was lax in telling you about my wonderful visit to Laura's house before I went to Sossy's. I must make that up right now! Any of you who read Laura's blog have heard numerous stories from her about her cooking delights! Yes, she is a gourmet chef! Who could forget the hamburger episode this summer. Or how much her family loves Jeno's Pizza Rolls.

Well Laura calls me on my way down to her house. "Don't eat lunch, I'm cooking you something. That should give you something to think about on your drive down". Hmmm - Now Laura hasn't been shy about sharing her cooking stories. I've heard how she is wonderful at snack type foods, but meals - not so much. So Laura is cooking me lunch - and she is sharing that tidbit of knowledge with me. It's got me thinking all right. As I near her house I look for smoke, and hope the farmhouse is still standing. I debate - should I really stop at McD's before I go there?! I turn onto her road - no smoke, no flames. Well, maybe I'm so late she trashed the meal and got it cleaned up. Or she chickened out on me!

But NO! She cooked me this delicious pasta dish in her pressure cooker! It was wonderful! And she said it cooks in like 15 mins or something like that. I've never had a pressure cooker so had no idea! She thought it was a bit mushy - but I loved it! I even liked the garlic bread she made, that she wasn't so fond of and fed the dog!

Anyway, I"m so sorry Laura. I should have remembered to tell everyone of your cooking success! And here I am living to tell about it!

As for the quilt above to tie in quilts. I got all 4 of my Nativity quilt tops done on our weekend! Now to get them quilted!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

The nativity quilts look great. I think I would fear using a pressure cooker . . . just the name brings to mind that something 'explosive' could happen *s*

meggie said...

I think pressure cookers must be coming into style again. This is about the 5th blog where I have read about them.
Food looks delish.
And your weekend sure did look like fun!

Gypsy Quilter said...

I did not know you could cook pasta in a pressure cooker. My mother always used one to make meat more tender. She could cook up some great stew.

Laura said...

Ahhh a whole blog dedicated to my culinary talents! You silly girl. It sure was fun!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That nativity is fabulous...and you are now never invited here for tea..I would quake in my boots at the internet review
....joke of course, pop over anytime! Tracey

Gayle said...

Oooooo - LOVE that nativity quilt you're working on! I'm in the middle of collecting nativity ornaments so I can have an entire treeful someday. Would love to do this quilt to display with it - can you tell me where to get the pattern please?
dyeing2hook@msn.com