Thursday, October 25, 2007

Really cute table mat!

Look at the really cute table mat I made this last weekend at Sossy's house! I got the idea from Tazzie, who used Bonnie's braid instructions. I took those and tweaked them and got this cute table runner! I have 2 more to make for xmas gifts. I really like how it turned out!

And look what I got in the mail! 3 of my favorite patterns from Marcie! Now to find time to make them! Oh I need more hours in the day!

21 comments from wonderful readers:

Gypsy Quilter said...

As soon as I find my "box of time," I'll share it with you. Well, maybe. :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute braid quilt. Great idea. Love the My Happy Place pattern too. That is adorable. I may have to order that one.

Kim said...

I love Marcie's patterns! Which one will you start first?!

antique quilter said...

love those patterns Dawn! and your table runner is perfect~!
wonderful colors would look great in my home too.
I havewanted to make a braid style quilt for a long time. I also need more hours in a day :)
Kathie

Melanie said...

I love the table runner, Great Patterns! Aren't Marcie's easy to read and follow....

Tazzie said...

Your table runner looks just wonderful Dawn, I love it!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Darcie said...

Really cute table mat indeed! It's the perfect size. Great way to use up a few scraps too.

I've got a couple of those patterns as well!!! I'm thinking that Cotillion is begging to be done up in hand dyeds!

Darlene said...

Adorable table mat! Fun patterns from Marci.

Libby said...

Love your table mat . . . is that a braid I feel coming on? *s* I've had my eye on the Wintergreen pattern, too.

Shelina said...

That is a cute table mat. The pattern is great - as is the fabric selection.

Nines said...

Really cute table topper! I love the braid and the warm colors! Glad you had a great time at Laura's!

Unknown said...

I just love, love the fabrics you use for this table runner.

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a lovely braid on that table runner and I love the middle pattern - very cute.

Unknown said...

That table runner has turned out so well and the braids set together make such a sweet little row of hearts

Nicole said...

That table mat is just the BEST gift idea! Who wouldn't want one?

Finn said...

Love the table runner Dawn...you did a great job with the colors and the design! Way to go!! And what a lot of fun you had sewing with your special friends!!
I too, have the Wintergreen pattern from Marcie, aren't her patterns just the best??? Take care, hugs, Finn

MARCIE said...

I adore that table runner that Tazzie designed, and your version is wonderful. Methinks I must also make that! So glad you are happy with the Patchalot Patterns!

Cher said...

hey, I too think that is one fun table topper! way to go Dawn

*karendianne. said...

Oh this is toooo cute! I love it. Great job.

ForestJane said...

Very nice! It makes me want to go dig in my strips and try some braid too. :)

Carole said...

Can't wait to see your rendition! Have fun!