Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pincushion Crazy

I was so inspired by Marcie's (Patchalot More) wool pincushions I finally hauled out my kit I bought this summer from my FAVORITE quilt shop JJ Stitches and made one of them! It's cute but looks kind of plain compared to Marcie's wonderful turkey and chicken. I LOVE her chicken so much! There are 3 others in the kit so now that I have them started I think I"ll keep working on them one by one!

Oh and one other thing - don't look at my stitches too closely. They are not by any means as perfect as Marcie's. How does she do it?

19 comments from wonderful readers:

Unknown said...

It's lovely Dawn and just perfect for a stitcher

MARCIE said...

Don't make me laugh! I don't even try for perfection. I am going for the prim look! Yours look perfect. I thought they were my machine. Come on now-fess up! I love that whole kit! Too cute!

MARCIE said...

That is supposed to read, "I thought they were BY machine." Now you have me thinking of penny rugs -hmmm.

antique quilter said...

dawn I just love this pincushion, HOW CUTE!!!
I need one of these, can't wait to see the other ones you make.
who is the pattern by?

Kathie in NJ

Doodlebug Gail said...

How cute! I really need to do something with my collection of wool ..... so many ideas on all these blogs I read.

atet said...

Adorable -- and as for the stitches, I honestly can't see a thing wrong, so I can't say anything about them. But, um, I'll promise not to anyway if you will be as kind when I show my latest hand sewing project :0).

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

As an old sewing machine fanatic I absolutely love this dawn, well done.
The Nativity one is going to be beautiful, I am really enjoying your updates on it, tracey

Darcie said...

That's adorable, Dawn!

Darlene said...

That's darling, Dawn!

Lucy said...

Ohhh this pincushion is gorgeous. I made a pincushion too. will post about it later today!!

Rose Marie said...

Love those pincushions and your updates on the Nativity quilts.

Laurie said...

sew cute! maybe I'll find one at quilt festival in 2 weeks.

meggie said...

That is just soooo cute!

Unknown said...

Your pincushion is just great, the stitches look fine to me.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute pincushion. And your stitches are perfect. Are you kidding? They look great to me.

Amanda Jean said...

I love your pincushion. very cute.

Libby said...

It's just darling Dawn . . . a girl can never have too many pincushions, now can she *s*

Cheryl said...

Your pincushion is wonderful!! I have a little collection of pincushions, just can't get enough. I'm going to check out the shop you mentioned. Great job!

sewprimitive karen said...

Your pincushion is darling, Dawn.