Thursday, October 18, 2007

Remember Slumber Parties!

Remember the days of giggling all night long, pizza, pop, singing and dancing all night long? Well Laura, Sossy and I are having a slumber party this weekend with our friend Lanna and maybe her sister-in-law. I can't wait. I leave in the morning! I have some projects packed and am bringing the pizza! (Those girls in central Indiana are so deprived in the pizza area - I had to bring some real Chicago pizza down for them!) And I know there will be lots of giggling and pop, but we also have graduated to wine! Dancing - I doubt it! But there will be lots of sewing!


I"ve picked up my strippy coin quilt again to finish quilting it. It got too hot over the summer to hand quilt it. The center is done and I"ve got all the one direction of the diamonds done in the outer border. I"m working on the lines in the other direction now. I"m debating whether I should do a single line inbetween the double lines to make smaller diamonds? What do you think?

18 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

Have a wonderful time at the slumber party *s* Sounds like a lot of fun.

Go for the more quilting option - more quilting is always so pretty, particularly in hand quilted pieces.

Juliann in WA said...

Sounds like great fun. I love the backing on that quilt!

KC Quilter said...

Woo hoo--slumber parties!! Some of my best teen-aged memories! Have a great time--but don't be calling boys at all hours of the night!

Sweet P said...

I remember slumber parties and haven't had one a long time. I hope you have a great time!

YankeeQuilter said...

Too fun! The coins quilt looks wonderful. I think I would stop with the double lines that you have. Just a thought!

Darlene said...

Ah, slumber parties! Some of my best memories. LOL Have fun and enjoy making new memories.

Love your quilt!

Unknown said...

I think I would not make smaller diamonds, but that is just because I am not good at handquilting. I agree with Libby more quilting...

Thimbleanna said...

Have a great time -- I hope you've just missed all the thunderstorms! Love the quilt!

Unknown said...

The quilting stitches are so small , I can barely see them! I would go for the double lines too. I love a lot of hand-quilting, especially if it is so perfect like yours. I like very much the colour choice, scrappy with gold and aubergine is something I will keep in mind for a next repro-quilt.
I wish you a lot of fun and sewing this week-end. Take care.

Floss said...

Have a great slumber party.
I think the double lines look great and that you don't need to add anything else.

Diane said...

It sounds silly, but let the quilt tell you what it needs. I don't think any quilt has ever suffered from too much quilting (unless, of course, it doesn't show). I love the backing fabric. Who makes it?

MARCIE said...

Love that little coin quilt! I still have to quilt the border on mine. Yours looks great, of course! Hope you are having fun!

Carole said...

The quilt is looking sweet! Enjoy your slumber party!

Joanne said...

Have a great time at the slumber party. I vote to keep the diamonds the size they are. Also -- love the pincushion!

Darcie said...

Can't wait to hear about the good time that you girls all had together. Aren't grown-up slumber parties just the greatest!

meggie said...

I love that whole quilt, front & back!
Enjoy your sleepover!

corry said...

Beautiful quilt! I "love" the fabric on the back...I think the diamonds look great the way they are now!

Rose Marie said...

Am really liking your version of coin quilt and love that backing fabric! For that extra line, why not put it in one area that is finished and see if it adds any more effect. If not, then leave it as is. Have lots of fun and sew, sew, sew.