Monday, October 08, 2007

Just a quick update

I finished my Lori Smith top! Now to figure out how to quilt it! And on to the 100 other things I need to work on!

23 comments from wonderful readers:

antique quilter said...

Oh Dawn, this looks wonderful!
great job!
ok, just send it to me I will quilt it for you.
Will send it back when I get tired of it!
kathie

Joyce said...

It's gorgeous. I always have a problem deciding how to quilt them too.

Tazzie said...

Such a super cute quilt top Dawn, I always love Lori Smith's patterns.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Lovely job! I see you filled it in as 100% on your sidebar - it is fun to see all your projects at a glance!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful colors - very lovely. it's pinker than I would expect from you!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Dawn - lovely!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Love those colors!

Libby said...

Looks great . . . gonna have to increase my stash so I can make a pink/brown top, too *s*

Darlene said...

Oh, Dawn I love it!

Anonymous said...

Its a beauty, Dawn !... and how quick ! I just LOVE the colors, especially the pinks and browns association.

XOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Carol said...

DAwn it is just wonderful!

Patti said...

Perfect! One of the nicest pink and brown quilts I've seen - because it doesn't look like it all "goes" together. To many I see lately are so "matchy, matchy". Yours is lively, original, charming - just perfect!

meggie said...

That is just lovely! Well done.

corry said...

Oh, this looks gorgeous! You did a great job on this quilttop!

Carole said...

Oh, that is a sweet looking top! Love the colours! I will sometimes sit on a quilt for a year before I know how I shall quilt it. Not literally of course! lol Thanks for sharing!

sewprimitive karen said...

Boy, is that pretty. Are those fabrics from all different lines? You've put them together masterfully. How about double lines on the diagonal?? Or there's always stitch in the ditch.

Unknown said...

That´s great, you seem to sew very fast. I am empty about quilting, I am not very good at it.

Erin said...

I love it! It is just gorgeous. How was it originally quilted? any ideas? can you do feathers in the outside border or something like stippling around and in the ditch the rest of it so you don't take away of the patterns? or a baptist fan type? whatever you do will be perfect anyway, the quilt is gorgeous.

Lucy said...

LOVELY, just Lovely

Kairle Oaks said...

Everyone loves a Lori Smith pattern! Great color choices...it's beautiful!

Wendy said...

I love your Lori Smith quilt, it's absolutely gorgeous. I just bought one of her patterns with small quilts all done in pinks and browns; I can't wait to start on that one.

Judy said...

Excellent Dawn!!! HUmmm, Do I have this pattern??? I have three of these patterns of little quilts from Lori...Very very beautiful!

Patti said...

Marvelous, fantastic, wonderful! That bright pink just makes it sing - an entire chorus! Is this one of her little ones?