Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My biggest accomplishment lately

This is my biggest accomplishment lately! I"ve been working on this for the last few months with nothing to show for it. You've seen it before without the applique and Paducah 9-patch blocks - but look at it now!

This is a medallion challenge quilt I"m doing with a group. I have 2 more rounds to go. But I was just so glad to get these 2 rounds done!

Round 1 - Your Favorite: your favorite fabric, block, color, whatever
Round 2 - Frame It
Round 3 - Diamonds are a girls best friend
Round 4 - Bountiful Garden
Round 5 - 9 Patch
and then coming yet
Round 6 - Starry Starry Night
Round 7 - Finish It: whatever you need to do to finish off the top.

I think I know what I"m going to do for round 6. Now just to find the time.

Oh and Laura thought of a perfect name for my halloween quilt - Spooktacular Booquet! Isn't that perfect!

27 comments from wonderful readers:

Lucy said...

GORGEOUS!!!

and yes spooktacular booquet is perfect !!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow, I wasn't expecting that at all. I love how you've changed the shape of the quilt with those applique sections. Very cool.

Tazzie said...

It's just beautiful Dawn. It looks to have been so complicated - you're really clever.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Cheryl said...

All I can say is amazing! Great quilt.

Hedgehog said...

I just love this quilt - reminds me to get out my medallion from last fall - seems like the right season to work on it! Looking forward to seeing your stars.

antique quilter said...

Dawn, amazing!
it is just wonderful....I hope to see this quilt hanging at Paducah so start planning how your going to hand quilt this one!
Kathie in NJ

Unknown said...

Dawn, I clicked on your blog from my favourite list and up popped this quilt - my reaction was.... 'OH WOW!' The centre was spectacular on it's own - the subsequent rounds just take it from gorgeous to the superlative - can't wait to see what you've got in mind for the next instalment. You are one very talented lady!

Andrea said...

Absolutely brilliant Dawn !! I love everything about it so far. Looking forward to seeing the next round.

Melanie said...

I love this, the background with the Blue/red/brown squares really brings it to life....

corry said...

Wow, amazing!! It's beautiful, can't wait to see photos of the finished result!

Joyce said...

What an incredibly detailed piece. I am impressed!

Carolyn said...

Your biggest accomplishment is quite impressive! It's beautiful, can't wait to see the next round!

Unknown said...

Projects like this are such fun. This is gorgeous. The shape of the appliqué sections and the way the Ninepatch areas fit in--must have taken some figuring. Great job.

Susie said...

The first thing I thought when I saw your beautiful medalion quilt is you are so brave.. . and creative. Did you have a plan before you started?

Brigitte said...

spectaculary, Dawn! I love your it - greetings from Brigitte Baierl, actually in Poland now (beadtex)

Jeanne said...

Your medallion challenge is just superb! Well done!
Jeanne :)

Potiron said...

I love the idea of this round!!!!
And what you did with it is extraordinary!!!

Impressed, as always!!!!

Big Bisous from France,
Nathalie, alias Potiron

Gypsy Quilter said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...

This is so great.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Dawn, it's beautiful! I love the applique. Boy, what a lot of work!

atet said...

As always Dawn, spectacular!

Helen in the UK said...

What an unusual quilts - beautiful :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That quilt is beautiful. It just looks like a lot of work. Great job!

Anne Ida said...

This is fabulous, Dawn! I had been wondering what happened to that star *lol* Great work, and look forward to see what you come up with for your Starry Starry Night :o)

Darlene said...

What a real beauty, Dawn!

Libby said...

Another beauty, Dawn. I just love it!

Patti said...

Bet you'll be surprised to get a nother comment on this post LOL! Playing catch-up as usual. Hopefully for the last time. Once I retire I sure hope to have plenty of time to keep up with my blogger friends. Only 10 more working days to go!

This is just amazing so far Dawn. What a tremendous amount of work you've put into this. I never would have thought to use the Paducah 9-patch like this. It never ceases to amaze me how much you get done with such a demanding job as well as many family challenges. I think you must never sleep - that's your secret, right?

I can't wait to read forward to "today" in your blog to see if you have the next round on this finished and to see what else you've done.