Sunday, October 21, 2007

We had a great time!

It was a wonderful weekend! We had so much fun! Above is Sossy, Heather and Laura working away... it was pretty late by the time I snapped this, so it is blurry. (Oh and I had the stupid setting set on my camera that makes it really hard to get a clear picture). And below is Lanna working on a really cute punchneedle project she drew!

Below is a sneak peek at what I worked on. Here is the manger for my nativity...

And I made another pincushion! (OK, I haven't sewn the wool shut yet. But I did get the sand in and the liner sewn shut)!


Last but not least look at this adorable wool felt green pumpkin Laura made for us! It was filled with candy! She made a ton of green, orange and gold ones. She posted about them not too long ago on her blog. They were so adorable! I spent a lot of time just visiting and having a great time. I did finish a few things and I'll share those later this week. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! (Ahhhh, yes I need to dust - so ignore that!)

13 comments from wonderful readers:

Kim said...

Sounds like fun! And what a cute wool pumpkin! In fact, your whole Halloween display is great!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I just got back from a retreat but seeing yours makes me want to do it all over again.

Carol said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time...love the wool pumpkin and you pin cushion is great!

Unknown said...

Lucky you to have such a great time! The pin cushion and the pumkin look nice. Take care.

Laura said...

What!! No comment about the wonderful gourmet lunch you were served at my house. Ha ha. It sure was a fun time, can't wait to do it again!

Libby said...

How fun to spend the entire weekend sewing with friends . . . looks like a lot of fun *s*

Diane said...

Wow, what a fabulous sewing space you had to work (play) in--and candy too!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh...slumber party!! Great fun, and I love the latest projects!!! Tracey

Juliann in WA said...

I am green with envy reading about all these retreats lately. Looks like fun.

sossy said...

It was a blast having you come and stay. Donovan was asking at dinner if you would be back tomorrow.:) Thanks also for bringing the great Chicago pizza. It was deliscious!

Unknown said...

I am glad that you had a great time the pumpkin is great.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Looks like fun had by all and I love that green pumpkin. Very cute. And my mom used to use a pressure cooker for meals years and years ago. I always heard her say how dangerous they were so I've never used one. I'm sure they have improved now.

Lucy said...

Fun to see pictures on your and laura's blog !! I can see that you had fun and I wish I was there with my featherweight ;-)