Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finally! I get to share!

I finally get to share what I have been working on for the last 2 months or so! The weekend I went to Sossy's house, Sossy, Laura, Heather, Lanna and I all drew names and decided to make a doll quilt for our name for Christmas. Well I worked away on my quilt - but I couldn't share my progress because "someone" might see! Well I couldn't stand it anymore and I finally got it all finished and mailed off!

And Laura got it in the mail yesterday! Go check it out on her blog too! I loved it so much that when I got her top done I had to make one for myself too! But mine is kind of sad looking compared to hers! It needs a lot of work! And I can't wait to find out who has my name! This was so much fun! I think we all are having a good time with it!

23 comments from wonderful readers:

MARCIE said...

Dawn, I am so in love with that! Is it too late to throw my name in the drawing? Can I sell you my soul? Do you want to trade for something? My firstborn? She's 39, buy hey, she's nice!

Finn said...

Hi Dawn, lots of great stuff happening at your house! Love the little quilt you made for Laura and yourself...very cute!
What's not to like??? Hugs, Finn

sossy said...

Okay, right now I am jealous! Wonder who has my name!

tami said...

That is beautiful. I just love it.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

That is one awesome doll quilt. I think you could sell that pattern. Too Cute!

Libby said...

Just love it! No wonder you made one for yourself . . . *hmmmm* how can I get my name on a slip of paper next time *S*

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG that is the cutest quilt!!! You did a great job on it. You have one lucky friend.

Wendy said...

Oh my that is the cutest...I can see why you would start one for yourself. Isn't it fun to swap with friends.

Melanie said...

Dawn, you did a great job. I even saved a pic of this. The colors are wonderful and I love the stitching you added. Perfect for Laura.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, wow! Both are darling!!! Such fun. Can't wait to see the one you receive!

Darlene said...

What a great looking quilt! I can see why you had to make one for you, too. Very sweet!

Angie said...

What a beauty you made for Laura!! It's just adorable! No wonder you decided to make one for yourself as well!! :> Great job, girlfriend!

atet said...

What a lovely gift to give (and I can totally understand making one for yourself as well). I can't wait to see the one you get as well!!!

Laura said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky......me!

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Dawn! What a fun idea for all of you -- us too, 'cause we get show and tell!

Judy said...

Not sad at all, just waiting for perfection!

Patti said...

Laura is a VERY lucky girl - it's a wonderful, creative quilt Dawn. You just never cease to amaze me!

Alison said...

What an absolutely lovely little quilt. Beautiful!

Rose Marie said...

Love it .... it's gorgeous!

meggie said...

Laura is a very lucky girl!! Love that little quilt.

Karen said...

Oh that turned out so cute. I bought that pattern and a kit to make it at a quilt show this past summer. I need to dig that baby out. Thanks for inspiring me.

Karen

Mary Johnson said...

How cute, I really like log cabin quilts and this one is wonderful.

Lea said...

Oh, This is very cute! Your fabric choice is wonderful with Cheri's pattern. Love it, Love it. :-)