Friday, February 05, 2010

A Year for Finishes

I decided this was going to be the year I concentrated on getting things quilted that have been laying around for a few years, and to finish some things I had started. So here is another finish! I made this top years ago and loved it, but was always afraid to get it quilted (or do it myself). Now that I have an awesome custom quilter it was time! Don't you just LOVE that purple in the quilt!

Above is a doll quilt I made for a small friend.

And here are some premie quilts I made up with scraps!


20 comments from wonderful readers:

MARCIE said...

Your big quilt is fabulous! You always make the coolest quilts. And it is wonderful to have a good quilter that you can rely on. Your little ones are darling too! You have really gotten a lot done in this new year already!

Barb said...

I just love your purple quilt!!

Libby said...

Love it! But you knew I would *s*

Vicki W said...

The star quilt is fabulous!

antique quilter said...

I agree love that purple star quilt and its time to get it quilted!
good for you
cute little quilts, aren't they just fun to make!
kathie

Deb said...

Oh my love the star quilt..I have never seen a design like this before..so glad you were able to finish it so that we can see it!! I know a great place where that will go
Your doll quilt is adorable and I am sure will be well loved.. the same with your preemies when making them I am sure you could only smile!!

heather said...

Wow Dawn your star quilt is Amazing! i love star blocks and star quilts. Great job on the premie quilts too....very cute!

Loris said...

Beautiful! I especially love the plaids :-)

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful finishes! Especially that first quilt -- it's amazing with all the little, intricate piceces!

Nann said...

The postage stamp star is gorgeous, Dawn -- and I saw it in person at the guild meeting!

Karen said...

I do love the purple in the quilt. It caught my eye right away.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a great quilt, I love the colors

Gayle said...

LOVE that quilt you made using a pattern by Primitive Pieces by Lynda - she's one of my favorite designers! Looks like you've been really busy!

Jenni said...

Just LOVE that first quilt with the purple. Very nice.

Jan said...

Well, aren't you the smart one. That is a neat trick w/computer. Your lone star quilt is beautiful.

Tonya Ricucci said...

that first big star quilt came out beautifully. that purple really does make it spark!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh I do love that purple in that quilt. I love everything about that stunning, amazing quilt. Gee this captures a quilters heart! Beautiful.

Lynn Dykstra said...

I think you will see a similar one to that first one on my blog--it just went on my to-do list.
Beautiful!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love that star! Really love the current post quilt as well, a lucky girl to get that and the doll quilt! For some reason it wont let me in to comment! Tracey

bingo~bonnie said...

oh what a scarry thought that your plaid star quilt was an UFO for a few years!!! I'm so glad that you finished it up as it is fantastic!!! I know that you will enjoy it for many years to come now that it's done and you can wrap up in it! ;)

Reminds me of Bonnie Hunter's style with the homespun shirting looking fabrics! and that is a fun border too with the 4patches in the corners. Love it. :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie