Tuesday, October 17, 2006

9 Patch with Borders!!!! (mitered even!)

Got my 9 patch done this weekend with the mitered borders. Not a lot of swearing, but there were a few tense moments! But I'm happy with the result! I think Finn asked what size they were. The 9 patches finish to 3" finished (so each square is 1" finished). I think the whole quilt top is about 32" x 32", somewhere around there. (Oh and it really isn't that wavy - for some reason when I hang it up with that lovely blue tape I just couldn't get it to hang flat!)

AND the big news is Laura and I finally talked Sossy into trying a blog! She still says she can't load pictures, but we can cure her of that! So today she took the BIG PLUNGE and posted her first post! Go visit her. Tomorrow she is going to have a really fun topic - I won't spoil it for you! Since she is so chicken to load pictures I thought I would share 2 with you that I have from camp. The above one was a pumpkin and snowman wall hanging I think she made - I could be wrong and it was her friends - can't remember for sure. But aren't they adorable! And the below one is Sossy with her "No pattern" pink candy quilt for her little boy! He loves Candy Land so she made this for him - but she can tell you more about that someday! Please stop by and say hi!

17 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

Those 9 patches are too cute. Good for you for getting the mitered border on without incident.

Shelina said...

Congratulations on getting the quilt top finished. With mitered corners even! I have a UFO with mitered corners. Hmm that certainly explains the UFO status.
I will certainly go visit Sossy. she does good work!

Leah Spencer said...

Yay! Another young quilter! Sometimes I feel like when people hear "quilter" they instantly picture their grandmas... time to change that image! ;)

Nancy in MT said...

Dawn, the borders look perfect, as does the whole quilt, lovely, Nancy

ForestJane said...

Really nice with the border on it, and great job mitering too!

Are you going to quilt it yourself? Seeing it all the time on your blog, I didn't realize how tiny it was... lol I was thinking it was a big square quilt !

quiltpixie said...

great job on the mitre!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I absolutely love that border print, looks great. I thought it was a big quilt, small can be very cute-is it a wallhanging? Well done with the mitre. PS I have finally become game enough to blog myself rather than just drooling over everyone else's work. Thanks for the motivation!

Angie said...

LOVE your 9-patch wallhanging, Dawn, and that border fabric is gorgeous!! Perfect on that little quilt!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Beautifully done.

Darcie said...

Your 9-Patches look terrific, Dawn! The border is perfect!!!

Love Sossy's pumpkins...and those snowmen are just adorable too! That bottom one reminds me of Mr. Wilson on that Tim Allen show...what in the world is it called?...my brain isn't cooperating....

Zegi said...

The border is a lovely addition! Congrats on getting it done. Too cute :)

Joanne said...

Great little nine patch quilt. Sometimes the mitered borders work for me and sometimes they don't! Why is that, I wonder?
Good job!

Elaine Adair said...

Your floral border is just lovely and the mitered corners make it even better! Those large florals are sometimes not easy. Great job, starting with humble 9-patches.

Judy said...

Oh Dawn, it's simply gorgeous!! It turned out so perfect and of course you know I LOVE the border!!

Somehow I have missed your blog this last week or so, sorry! I caught up! and everything looks so good!!

MARCIE said...

Your 9-patch turned out great! And did I tell you that I love the Jo Morton stuff?

Susan said...

Love the 9 patch!

YankeeQuilter said...

The mitered corneres came out great...love the fabric!
congrats
Siobhan