Friday, October 13, 2006

Tonights Progress

Well I spent just a bit of time and got my 4 patches laid out and together. Here is what they look like now.


In taking this picture I realized how dirty the rug is in our basement. It is an unfinished basement and this rug I bought 20 years ago when the kids were small to play on. It was just one of those remanent pieces - so it has held up well. Only one small problem - one day while my 3 oldest who were about 3, 4 and 5 and the time; decided to play miniature golf. Well they couldn't find the little cups with the little balls and clubs. So Holly got out an orange marker and wrote 1, 2 and 3 on the carpet! They are still there to this day! Whenever I get rid of this carpet I may just have to cut that piece out and wrap it up to give her! She's 20 now. Ahhh the memories.


And my little helper was right there checking out the layout of the blocks, so I snapped a quick picture of Chloe. At least tonight she was NOT laying on my foot pedal as she usually does. It still scares me when the machine takes off and I'm not pushing the foot pedal!

13 comments from wonderful readers:

Leah Spencer said...

*giggle* oh yeah... my dog LOVED to rest her head when mine was on the foot pedal. Don't think she ever tried to sew on her own though. ;)

And thank God she didn't try to do that when I was driving!!

Hedgehog said...

Your nine-patches look great!

ForestJane said...

I like that little white patch on the top of Chloe's head, it's cute!

And your nine-patches look great. I'd be tempted to see what it looked like if you cut the end block in every even row in half, shift the cut section from the end to the start, and stagger every other row half a position over. But I spend more time playing with layouts than sewing them together!

Unknown said...

Your crazy golf numbers on the carpet made me smile - Sarah scribbled 'I love Sam Bishop but he doesn't love me' in desperation on her bedroom desk when she was six - Sam is now a five foot nothing spotty 14 year old blonde who she wouldn't give a second glance - young love eh?!? Love the nine patches - I never quite pluck up the courage to set blocks on point - its that triangle phobia creeping in again

Sweet P said...

Love your 9-patch quilt. It's coming along great. Aren't kids a little too smart sometimes. You really do need to save the numbers from the carpet and give them to you daughter. What a tradition to start!

His Office, My Studio said...

9 patches are looking great! Your little helper is a sweetie. My boys carved each others name in my oak kitched table years ago, but they said they didn't do it.

Joyce said...

THe nine patches look great on point. Save the carpet pieces for sure and when one of her kids does something like that you can help them defend themselves! Lol.

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! Cute picture of your little helper, too!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, ended up on your blog thru'- a few different paths, have watched you for a few days, loved your work and wanted to say so and now I'm setting up own blog-all because you quilt like me(just on the otherside of the world-ps I am mad about 9 patches on point-you go girl!

Lily Mulholland said...

My goodness Chloe looks a lot bigger since you first posted a photo! Love the carpet souvenir!

Lucy said...

I will start tooo........oohhhh I love it :-)

Libby said...

My mom's coffee table had "Dear Santa" deeply embedded in the wood from my trusty thick pencil and using nothing underneath the paper. Even after I was grown, I don't think Mom found it endearing.
Chloe looks like an excellent helper and guardian -- glad to see her on the job.

Cher said...

sweet nine patches...they are always a favorite of mine.