Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oh where to start?????

I don't even know where to start! I feel like I've been so busy but have accomplished nothing!

OK, first off is my new purse I decided Sunday I had to make! The picture up top is the front of it. I have a really fun wooden horn like button I've got to sew on it yet for the closure. But I couldn't wait to take a picture and share it! Right above here is the back. You can just make out the little green loop that will flip over and go around the button. Then below is the sides. The pattern doesn't have these side pockets but that is what I use for my car keys, so I just added them! They don't look bad! The pattern is a quilt as you go so there are no inside pockets. But that also I had to change. Where would I put my lipstick? And where would my cell phone go! So I quilted as I went just through the batting. Then I added pockets to the lining fabric and then put it together. I tried to get a picture of the inside but it was too hard, I couldn't get it to come out good. So all I need to do yet is finish sewing the binding down and put the button on and I have a new fall purse! Isn't it fun!

But what I have been mostly working on the last week is cutting brushed cotton plaids for my retreat projects this weekend! They are scrappy quilts so it takes forever to cut out all the pieces. But I"m done. This doesn't look like a lot, but there is enough for 2 quilts here! I have a note in each baggy what piece and quilt it is for! So I can just sew, sew, sew!!!!!! Now lets just hope I cut them right!


So I"ve been busy, but not much to show for it! Oh and I did go to the movies this weekend with Emily (Freshman). We went to see "Flicka". Oh it was such a nice movie and gorgeous scenery in Wyoming. And of course towards the end I started crying. Well it gets to a big point in the story and the girl has one simple line and I start sobbing and catching my breath! One silly line and I loose it! I won't spoil it for you if you want to see it - you'll know the line when you hear it! Well Emily wouldn't admit that she was crying, but she is fair skinned and has red hair - it wasn't too hard to figure out why her face was all blotchy and eyes red and puffy! So it even got to her! Go see it. Just a nice story and nice movie.

18 comments from wonderful readers:

Elaine Adair said...

What a great tote bag! I am seeing saddles, leather, bone, horn, jeans, and all things barn-y -- my favorite kind of decor! LOL. You did a great job.

Libby said...

Ohhhh -- I can't wait to see what the contents of those baggies turn into. I love a good movies that is just a nice story ... I'll have to check it out.

Laurie Ann said...

Love that bag! I have seen so many cool ones on folks' blogs, I may have to figure out how to make one for myself!!

May Britt said...

Wonderful bag. I love bags. What are you going to do make of all the fabrics you have cut?

Darlene said...

I love that bag - very cool.

What are you going to do with the fabric in the baggies? I can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

This bag is so nice I just love it ! BRAVO !

Smiles,
NADINE in Belgium.

Anonymous said...

What a great bag! Makes one think of wonderful fall weather. I cannot wait to see the scrappy quilts that are made from those fabrics!

Dianne said...

Love the bag, Dawn. But you need to show us the button, too!

So, Flicka, huh? I was horse-crazy as a girl...better bring Kleenex when I go.

KC Quilter said...

Ooooh, love your new fall bag!!!! Better send it here for closer inspection! Last time I sobbed out loud at a movie was The Notebook. Boy, did I ever lose it in that one. Fortunately, I was surrounded by other weepy women!

Patti said...

Love the purse! And love the plaids - of course - but you know that!

ForestJane said...

Boy, all those baggies sure look organized! Are they so you can carry them around and hand piece them or to just keep each block separate so you can sew one at a time on your machine?

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely bag - and all that hard work cutting those pieces will definitely be worth it when you get there and can just sit down and sew, sew, sew :o)

Tonya Ricucci said...

How can you say you've accomplished nothing? great bag and how many cut pieces??? you've done a great deal!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Splendid handbag! I've been feeling the urge to make bags again. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Love your new bag. It's the fall colours and the plaids together which got my attention.

Great job!

Sue said...

I do love that bag, great colors for fall! I need to make a new one myself, hopefully I'll get started while I'm still inspired...

Lily Mulholland said...

Dawn that's a fantastic bag! And what a brilliant idea!! Quilt as you though just the batting and then add the lining. Genius!!

Have fun at your retreat!

Judy said...

Dawn, the bag is fabulous!! I must make one soon! It's a perfect thing to stuff with goodies! I ahve one I bought, but you can always use more!