Thursday, October 05, 2006

Great Balls of Fire!

Above are my fabric balls getting ready for our car trip this weekend. I"m leaving in a few hours and my darn internet was down all morning. Ughhh. We will see how much crocheting I get done!


I never showed you my finished top from our guild mystery I did. Isn't it great! You should have seen some of the tops! They were sooo pretty! I"ll have pictures of them maybe next week.

And below is a small doll quilt I just started. It is called Martin's Pennies. It gets a thin inner border of a plaid woven and then a piano key like border. Isn't it cute!


Well I"m off and won't be back until next week! Campus visit for child #3 who starts college next fall.

17 comments from wonderful readers:

Shelina said...

Your mystery quilt is amazingly beautiful. I'm always afraid of mystery quilts, worried that it won't be something I like. I like your fabric selection, the setting is extraordinary, everything about this quilt is special.

Hedgehog said...

I love the Martin's Pennies quilt! I have many of those fabrics (bought them at Maine Quilt a two summers ago from a vendor from Indiana). I love using one inch finished strips/pieces. Have a safe and fun trip!

Joyce said...

You mystery quilt is gorgeous. I especially like the border and the way you have done the sashing.

His Office, My Studio said...

I like the border print and the colors in the mystery quilt.

The fabric ball would look good in a big jar or in a bowl on the table.

May Britt said...

Your mystery quilt is beautiful. And do you afford using such beautiful fabric to chrochet. I remember my mother did som chrochet with fabric and she also used plastic bags from the shops.

Dianne said...

Beautiful quilts, Dawn...both of them. And the balls of fabric look great, too. I agree that just putting some of them in a big glass bowl would look wonderful...and then you'd always have some handy, ready to grab for crochet.

Please be sure to post a photo of the finished crochet work, too, won't you?

Have a great trip...

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I echo everyone else - great photos! Have a fun trip!

Cheers!

Evelyn

MARCIE said...

First off, I can't believe you cut up that beautiful fabric for a rug! Is that what you are making, a rug? Well, it will be awesome. Your mystery quilt is really beautiful, and simple person that I am, I love the doll quilt! Nice going on all counts, Dawn!

Melanie said...

You've been busy-- beautiful work.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oooh,love that pennies quilt. that is such an interesting yet simple design and the fabrics you picked are awesome. enjoy your trip!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Yer mystery quilt is nothing short of exquisite.

Darcie said...

Hope you're having a great trip. (And I bet that you probably already ran out of fabric balls! LOL)

Your Mystery Quilt and your Martin's Pennies are both terrific, Dawn! Is MP a published pattern...or your own design? It's adorable...and do-able!

Angie said...

Oh Dawn, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your rag ball fabrics!!! It will be a GORGEOUS rug!! Can I run straight to my fabric closet and see if I can mimic your colors? LOL Have fun on your trip!

Finn said...

Hi Dawn, love the Martha's Pennies..really neat colors and design. And you are going to crochet?? Wonderful! Love those strips..*VBS*

It was fun to see your dancing pictures..amazing how much changes as the years roll by, isn't it?
Hope you are having a wonderful time on campus. Hugs, Finn

Lynn Dykstra said...

this is wonderful--I love your colors in Martin's pennies

ForestJane said...

Those balls of fabric look cute enough to arrange in a basket for fall!

Libby said...

Great quilts -- I particularly like the fabrics in the doll quilts. Look forward to seeing what the fabric balls become.