Thursday, October 12, 2006

A bit more progress

Well a few more 9-patches were done last night. I'm about at the end of my teeny tiny bits of scraps - I've had to start cutting small pieces out of my bigger chunks! I still have about 10 more 9-patches to go. It sure does take a long time to cut for these scrappy 9-patches (well that and finding the fabric!).


And I finally completely finished my own thread organizer! I showed you a picture of 2 I made last spring for gifts, but I just never got around to making one for ME! I made the large and small version for me! Isn't the fabric great! And I spent last night while watching "Lost" filling it up with my applique thread! Now isn't that pretty! I even have space for a few more spools! Guess I"ll need to go shopping for a few more colors!


And last but not least is an old small bargello wall hanging I made years and years ago. I even realized that I really didn't have a good picture of it while searching for one last night! All I've come up with is a picture of it hanging from the ceiling at a quilt store. But I thought of this quilt because while digging through my reproduction scraps I found a few strips left from this quilt - which made me think of it! It was done with my favorite darker colors and reproduction fabrics. Doesn't it look great! Now I need to take it out and hang it up somewhere for the fall!



12 comments from wonderful readers:

Zegi said...

What a great idea for using up your stash!!! They are so cute and tiny.

Libby said...

That is a pretty nice looking stash of threads you have going there -- so many colors to choose from. Your bargello will make a perfect fall decoration. It has wonderful colors.

Joyce said...

You Bargello looks great. I tried one but wasn't happy with the result. I am making little nine patches too. Fun but time consuming and strangely they don't use up all that much stash. Hmmm...

Leah Spencer said...

Love all the yummy colors in your thread organizer!

I'm curious as to what brand of thread it is - I'm not seeing the familiar Aurifil orange ends. :)

McIrish Annie said...

never had the patience for bargellos but yours is a beauty!!

meggie said...

I love your Bargello!

Also greatly admire your thread organizer- I made one similar, some years ago, but it is nowhere near as nice as yours.

Sue said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those 9-patch blocks, I love the colors. The thread organizers are really nice, I'm going to be on the lookout for a pattern for those. Hope you're getting better weather than we are, we got snow today!

Nines said...

Wow Dawn, those 9-patches! How teeny tiny! They look great, and yes, doing them scrappy sure takes a lot more time than strip piecing, huh? I love your thread organizer- so professional looking! And the Bargello! Love that! You're a very busy camper!

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow Dawn I've never seen a Bargello before. I'll have to look out for a pattern - that really appeals to me. WHat a good job you did!

Your thread organiser is amazing - I would LOVE one!

Shelina said...

All your quilts are beautiful. I decided not to write comments - this one is beautiful, this one is beautiful, etc. The bargello looks like it is three dimensional - like the fabric is really folded - neat illusion! Definitely hang it up. I like the red and cheddar stars too. The blue one is lovely - you should definitely finish it. I'm sure you will add to the beauty when you do.
I like all the different designs in the house one.

Judy said...

I just might have to buy this pattern after all. You mentioned knowing how to shorten zippers one day and I could never find out how. Do you mind sharing one day? I'de love to know how to do this.

Anonymous said...

what is the pattern for the thread organizers?