Friday, November 10, 2006

Quilt Gifts and Show....

Look at what Sossy sent me the other day for a thank you for some help I gave her! Isn't it all WONDERFUL! I hadn't had time to take a picture until last night. I can't wait to use all the blocks! Is this not a fun surprise or what!

Played hooky yesterday afternoon from work while stuff was running and ran to the Mancuso Quilt Expo in Schaumburg. This is the first year they have had this show in this area and they have not advertised it well. I don't think a lot of people know it is here. It is a shame for the vendors, but was wonderful for me yesterday - was it empty! So I had plenty of space to wander and look at the quilts. And you know what happened! My battery died in my camera! Ughh. So I guess I'll go back today and take some more pictures. You get a wrist band so I can get back in. I did get some pictures before it died so I'll share a few below.


This one had to be the funniest for some reason. I have no idea why, but it really made me laugh. This one was in the "Songs in the Stitches" exhibit from the Mason Dixon Quilt Professionals Network. It was a challenge to interpret a song title or lyrics into a quilt. The name of this quilt is "Seams like a familiar tune..... Cheeseburger 'n Pair o' Dice"!
OK name that toon above........

Of course antique quilts are always my favorite......













14 comments from wonderful readers:

Anonymous said...

What lovely pics! Is the quilt expo some kind of travelling show?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... Blue Moon? Moondance?

Sweet P said...

Thanks for the mini quilt show. Mancuso has a quilt show here in August. I don't know how much they advertise it, but this past year it was fairly busy.

comicbooklady said...

Moon river?...Lovely quilt show, btw!

Tazzie said...

Ohhh, I just love antique quilts too, I can stare at them for hours wondering about who made them and admiring their work. Thank you so much for sharing.
What a lovely treat you received!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Leah Spencer said...

The Wanderer?

"Cuz I'm a wanderer, yeah, a wanderer.
I roam around around around."

The little swirls of white make me think "around around around".

May Britt said...

I love the mariners compass quilt. Antique quilts are a treasue.

YankeeQuilter said...

Can you beelieve the quilting on those antique quilts! The border or the green/red/and cheddar applique is very unusual...as is the mariners compass. Thanks for sharing!
Sio

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking me along to the show! We lived in Hoffman Estates and Schaumburg back in the late 70s. I wasn't a quilter then.... The Mancuso show Fort Washington Show USED to be literally ten minutes drive from where we live now Near Philadelphia but last year the expo center closed and they moved it to Harrisburg. I always like the vendors at the Mancuso shows.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I love those antique quilts - they are gorgeous. You're so lucky for getting to see them. And getting to go again!

Nancy in MT said...

Those antique quilts are to die for, don't know which one I love the best, nancy

Libby said...

I just love the hand-quilting on the antique quilts. Gorgeous.

Elaine Adair said...

Woo hoo! What a delightful show on your blog! Thanks for all the delicious photos. Wish I had seen them.

Lucy said...

OOOhh my goodnes what a BEATIFUL quilts.. it must be a thrill to see them ! Thanks Dawn !