Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe to share

HAPPY THANKSGIVING..........Here is a recipe I thought you would like for the holidays!

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken or turkey
1 large lemon, cut into halves
sprig of rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
butter or olive oil, whichever you prefer

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Rub butter or oil over the skin of the chicken/turkey until it is completely coated.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and any other seasonings you prefer.
Take a knife and gently separate the skin from the breast meat;

Slide lemon halves under the skin with the peel side up, one on
each side. This way the juice from the lemon will release into the breasts.
Place sprig of rosemary into the chicken/turkey.
Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove cover and continue
to roast until juices run clear, basting every 15-20 minutes.

If you've followed these steps correctly, your chicken/turkey should
look like the one in the picture.

Bon Appetit!

15 comments from wonderful readers:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That's funny, my turkeys don't look like that-them hormones!

Patti said...

Too funny Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Lol! Does the FDA approve those inserts?!

Carol said...

I laughed and laughed...thanks for the chuckle. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That will get the men to the dinner table!

Carol E. said...

That's hilarious! I'd like to actually try that some time! Wonder what the little kids would say about such a sight.

Unknown said...

I guess if you'd had lemon implants without anaesthetic you'd have a similar look on your face too :o))))
Sounds delicious - must try it sometime - can't imagine what my husband's face would be like when I brought it to the table though

Anonymous said...

Dawn that is way too funny!

Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so funny ! And the recipe sound delicious ! I have to make it one of these days !
Thanks Dawn !

Happy Thanksgiving !

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

I saw that on Janet's blog "Just Bee-cause" on Nov 15th- still funny

Joyce said...

Somebody get that turkey a bra!

Anonymous said...

I had the same recipe on my blog! I love it.

Darcie said...

That is one sexy chick, Dawn! You've got me LOL! Just hope your family has the same great sense of humor that you do!

Happy Day to you and yours!

Pam said...

Hilarious!!!