Wednesday, November 29, 2006

So where am I?

Just wanted to check in with you and let you know I'm around and reading your blogs but not leaving messages. I got bronchitis BAD last Saturday (actually started feeling bad on Friday) and by Monday I was miserable. I've been to the Dr and have medicine, but I'm just kind of out of it and don't have too much energy. Needless to say I have done almost no sewing of any kind. Can you believe that - 3 full days I could have sewn and I didn't touch a thing! That should be unlawful!


But I did manage things to share with you. The above quilt was made by my friend who lives in Australia 2 years ago for me for Christmas as a surprise. Isn't it lovely! I have it hanging up, even though it is a bit longer than my quilt rod, I still have to have it up. It is so whimsical! But of course when it is really hanging it hangs behind the couch!


And I finally finished my Gwen Marston wall hanging. It is bound and washed to get all the white thread out from the trapunto. It is rainy here today so I couldn't not get a good picture of the trapunto. I may try again in Holly's room under her big light. But isn't it awesome. If only you could see the trapunto and micro stippling. This one is my masterpiece!

17 comments from wonderful readers:

Leah Spencer said...

Aww! Bronchitis stinks. I had it 5 years ago and coughed for 3 weeks straight.

Congrats on finishing the Gwen Marston quilt!! And I appreciated you showing us how to do trapunto - I love gleaning quilting knowledge. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt. Great colors. Sucks being sick--just wastes times, doesn't it...Hope you feel better quick...

Libby said...

Hope you are feeling well again soon. I think I can detect just a hint of the trapunto -- I'll be waiting to see more.

Sweet P said...

I hope your feeling better soon. I like your holiday quilt. It's so cheerful.

Anonymous said...

Awww, your new Christmas themed page is really cute. Love the quilts, too! So sorry to hear that you're sick, hope you feel a lot better tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I hope you recover soon. Have a warm cup of tea, wrap yourself in a quilt and look through quiltbooks and magazines. Warm hugs from me

Anonymous said...

Get well soon. And enjoy the Christmas feeling (and stitching)

YankeeQuilter said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well...I had that earlier this fall and it really takes a lot out of you! The G.M. quilt is great. It is fun to see quilt finishes on a blog!

congrats and take care of yourself!

Angela said...

I lvoe crazies. And your's is awesome. Feel better!

KC Quilter said...

Bummer. Bronchitis--bad stuff. Love your Gwen Marston quilt. I am a huge fan of hers and it is always fun to see her "liberation" at work!! Take care and get better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ah, sorry you're sick! Bronchitus can really lay ya low. Get lots of rest and fluids so it doesn't develope into Pnuemonia. Am I nagging? Oops. I love the Gwen M. quilt!!!! That is just way cool! And in very traditional fabics and quilting, too. I love it! The Ho-ho quilt is very nice, too! What a good friend you have! Take care and have that man of yours fix you somethin' nourishing!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're under the weather. Hope you get your strength back soon.

I LOVE the crazy logs!

Anonymous said...

I have that Christmas Cards quilt half finished :-) I love the wonky log cabin quilt - I've never done trapunto but I love the effect of it.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Recognized that Quilt as an Aussie design straight away-I love it too. Thanks for the comment, still waiting on more test results but she was well enough to sew tonight.
Hope you're feeling better, T

Anonymous said...

love the Gwen Marston quilt! I can see a bit of the trapunto. They were having a class in machine trapunto when I stopped by the shop today- someday I'll give it a go!
Feel better!

Anonymous said...

I can see the trapunto too - it looks great. Love the colours and the string piecing too.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Would love to see your quilt masterpiece in person someday. Bet it's awesome. Sorry you are doing so poorly. I have been pathetically listless here and getting very little done myself.