Thursday, May 01, 2008

A bit of fabric...

So everyone is wondering if I bought any fabric? Oh come on now - of course I did! Today I"m sharing my favorite fun fabric purchases. Last year I came across the above bra and panty fabric. I wasn't looking for it - I just "saw" it. So for some reason I had to get some.


Well this year while browsing around I came across this awesome bra fabric! Decided I HAD to have this too. Is it not just awesome!


So now our group is wondering why I"m hooked on undies fabric! I have no idea, I just thought it was fun. Someone found this one above for me - too funny!


I also was on a search for teal/blue/green and brown fabrics. Holly wants me to make a quilt for her friend at school who is getting a new apartment and decorating in these colors. She found a really easy fun pattern a few weeks ago she loved for it. The above fabrics are the ones she likes for it.


And these are the rejects.


Last but not least is a funny FQ I found for a friend here at home. She loves pigs. So I had to get the Bacon and Eggs fabric! They had another one that was sheep before and after sheering. I'll tell you, those naked sheep were soooo funny!

19 comments from wonderful readers:

Cornfield Quilter said...

I'll take the rejects! LOL The bra and panty fabric is hilarious! I want to see what you end up making with that!

Potiron said...

Love the color combo of blues browns and green, you're going to make a beautiful quilt, I know. That girl is very lucky!!!

Those underwear fabrics are funny, although I'm very curious to see what you will do with them!!!LOL!!!!

Take care

Bisous

Elaine Adair said...

Is this going to be the fabric you look at 5 years from now and say "What was I thinking?" LOL

What fun to see what you actually use it for! The recipient will be laughing.

Doodlebug Gail said...

The brown/teal/green combination is so gorgeous! Bet that turns into one beautiful quilt.

Libby said...

Can't wait to see the project that the bra and panty fabric ends up in . . . too funny *s*

Darcie said...

Too fun!!! I LOVE the white and black! Does the selvage have the company/line printed anywhere that you could possibly share the info, Dawn? I'd appreciate it...it's just too cute!

Lots of terrific purchases...glad you didn't keep them hidden from us!

Anonymous said...

I have pp patterns for 3 bra's! These fabrics are great for a border/sashing/backing. What's the manufacturer or designer? Do you know? That'll make the search easier!

Unknown said...

Love the underwear fabric - soooo cute. Turquoise and sand - right up my street, just like my living room, that girl has taste :o)

Sweet P said...

I used the pink bra/panty fabric as the backing for my queen size Wicked Easy Quilt. I love it. DH doesn't even mind sleeping under it.

The teals and browns look good together.

Amanda said...

Isn't it great the way some fabric just jumps out at you and refuses to be left behind?

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh what fun beautiful fabric. wheee. I have that middle bra fabric with the definitions, but I love the other two as well. the teal collection is gorgeous. ooh, Laura needs some of that pig and egg fabric, I remember her telling me about a quilt she was going to make about Ham and Eggs.

Zegi said...

I wish my undies were so cute!

Carin said...

The brown and teal's are beautiful!!!!
I love the undie fabric.

Lucy said...

The undie fabric is too funny!!! can't wait with what kind of funny quilt you come with

Nines said...

Hmm... now you've got me all curious as to what one does with fabric covered in underpining... I think they'll be a blast to work with- you'll have a smile on your face the whole time, that's for sure! The blue and brown collection looks good enough to eat!

Unknown said...

Those bra fabrics are so funny.

Nancy said...

I have some of the black and white bra/panty fabric........ I used a little in my Carolina Crossroads mystery. My kids say "Mom, that is so not right!"

Sherry said...

Love the fabric! I too had a thing for that A Henry lingerie on the line fabric. I bought up a bunch of it & put it together with pastel polka dots & made myself a quilt! :)

Kritta22 said...

Hello! I found your blog via google search looking for that black and white underwear fabric! Can you tell me who made it? And gosh, the other ones too, cause they are soooooo fun! Thank you!!