Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just got home!

Just got home from Delaware. Look at my mom's gorgeous azaleas outside my bedroom window.


And I had some goodies waiting for me! First off Wendy from Snippets of a Quilter was so kind to send me some leftovers of the Japanese fabrics she used for that absolutely wonderful little japanese sewing bag she made. I"m going to attempt to wing it and make it. We will see how it goes! Thank you so much Wendy!

And Darlene from Tizzyquilting saw my pig fabric I bought for my friend in Paducah and while going through her stash found this hysterical flying pig fabric and sent it to me for her. Isn't it a riot! Thank you Darlene!

And last but not least, I had won from Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts a drawing for a kit for her Dandelion Girl Fabric Line. Well it arrived while I was gone! Oh it is soooo pretty! Thank you Joanna! I"m going to be busy now!

Maybe I should go away more often!

16 comments from wonderful readers:

Jan said...

Welcome Home! Hope you had a great time with family. Your gifts are great. Dandelion Girl Fabric Line is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Love your quilty background--howd you do that? Yes, I am from Texas.
Also, I am so enjoying the list of tutorials--thanks

Alison said...

Your azaleas are stunning as is the line of fabric you received. What are you going to make with it??

Unknown said...

What lovely surprises to come home to - and those azaleas are awesome!

meggie said...

Azaleas are beautiful! Love that line of fabrics you got. Lucky you!
Lucky for all your goodies!

tami said...

That's a great welcome home. I'm with you if that's what you come home to I would go away more often. :D

Elaine Adair said...

Holy Smoke! Lots of good stuff! Can't wait to see what someone comes up with the Flying Pigs fabric.

Darcie said...

Lucky girl!!! Looks like some pretty terrific fabs waiting for you to play with them!

Gorgeous flowers! I bet your Mom enjoyed your company. Glad you're home safe.

Amanda said...

What beautiful azaleas. The azaleas here in the UK are really lovely this year - a wet summer last year helped I think. We have a few pot azaleas which we bring indoors to flower, and they really cheer the house up. Lucky girl, all those lovely fabrics. Have fun playing.

I've got the same question as Molly about the quilty background.

Libby said...

Wow - those azaleas are gorgeous! What fun to come home to a box filled with goodies - fabric goodies *s* That pig fabric is too funny.

Unknown said...

It is great to come home to all those goodies in the mail.

Chocolate Cat said...

The color of those azaleas is just gorgeous! How lucky you were to have parcels waiting for you.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Congrats on the win at Joanna's blog. Lucky girl you!!!
Those flowers are beautiful too.

Laura said...

Gorgeous flowers! Lucky you having such a good mail day. I love Fig Tree Quilts patterns and fabrics.

atet said...

What lovely goodies in the mail and beautiful azaleas. Mmmn.

Journeying said...

Pretty flowers....pretty fabrics. I like the birdhouses, too! Be sure to show whatever you make with the Dandelion Girl fabric - it's so pretty.
Thanks for the tutorials, too.