Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Did I ever get anything done with quilting

I"m beginning to wonder if I have ever gotten anything done with quilting! Lately it seems I either have no time at all, or what I do do, is just playing around. Ughhh. So just some more misc finishes. I had another request from Holly and her BF for a another Purdue pillow for BF's little brother. (Little brother wants BF's!) So I finally got it made and mailed off today!

And I got Orange Crush part 3 done! I liked that feeling!

And one strange thing about me. I hadn't worn sandals or flip flops in years. My feet are so allergic lately to stuff flip flops and sandals are made out of that I gave up trying. I suffer with socks and sneakers. Well last year I tried a pair of Teva flip flops. They weren't so rubbery like the cheap ones. Oh my gosh! I LOVE them! They are so cushy and I have no problem with rashes and hives on my feet! AND they don't hurt between your toes! Oh and they have good arches for me in them. I have small feet, so I have a hard time finding them in my size. I love the pair I got last year, but wanted a few more fun pairs. So I broke down and ordered 2 more pairs online last week. And they came today! Aren't they fun colors! I wanted a pink pair too, but the design on the pink pair I didn't like. So for now I"m using the blue, lime and teal colorways. (below are my old trusty pair, all molded to my feet!)

11 comments from wonderful readers:

Libby said...

Teva is my favorite flip flop brand. Oh so comfy. They never have to be broken in, just slip on and go. Of course in my neck of the woods I practically wear them year round. On line ordering is such a breeze . . .I'm at the other end from you - I have 'big foot' so I must order online to get my size *s*

Jan said...

You are being too hard on yourself. You get a lot done. With your schedule I don't know how you do it. I love those shoes. Can you get them is stores or just on line.

Gina said...

I get like that sometimes. I find that if I make and finish a small item like a table runner I feel alot better.

love and hugs xxx

Unknown said...

I also have shall we say challenges buying footwear my feet are middle of the road in length but it seems like almost as wide as they are long - grrrr!!! I'm definitely one of the 'Buy it in every colour available if you find something you can actually get your foot into never mind feel comfortable in' brigade

Cornfield Quilter said...

Love the shoes! I have a pair similiar that I bought at Bass Pro Shop and I wore them in Paducah the whole time. My fellow roomies couldn't understand just how comfy they are and my feet don't sweat either! LOL

McIrish Annie said...

I have avoided flip flops because I always had a problem with the piece between the toes. I got tender tootsies! I'll have to give the Tevas a look! thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

Shoes from Teva are just great and one of my favorites, but they are rather expensive.

Stacy A. said...

I have been having the same feeling lately. It seems everything I am working on are part of huge projects. Hard to see an end. I think doing something small for myself, to feel some accomplishment is a good idea.
Your OC is looking great though! Love Stacy

Wendy said...

I have a old pair of Teva's that were very comfy, I think it's about time for a new pair.

You get so much done, I don't know how you keep up.

ForestJane said...

I love my teva too... :)

In fact, just bought a new pair on eBay, you can get some great prices there. I like the hurricane style teva though, have you tried those?

Mom2fur said...

Hmmmm...any chance you have a latex allergy?

I think those new flip-flops are cute!