Friday, September 02, 2005

Same Quilt - Different Lighting


I was just reading Bonnie's blog about how her blue jean quilt looks so different in the morning and afternoon lighting when she took her pics. I had the same thing happen recently and thought I would share the pics. Both of these pics were taken in doors, and at night, but in different places. They don't even look like the same quilts! The real quilt is somewhere inbetween the 2 for color!

The bottom right hand corner block is just a temp place-holder. I needed to finish the quilt top to hang in our local quilt shop for a club I'm going to teach so I just fused some stuff on a dark block. The replacement is done and much nicer! Darn - I don't have a pic of it though.

Anyway, I'm just patiently trying to wait to get the top back now so I can replace that block and get it quilted! I keep saying - I'll hand quilt it - no I'll machine quilt it - no I'll hand quilt it - no, it will never get done, I'll machine it....!!!!! Wonder what will win?

3 comments from wonderful readers:

Sarah said...

Dawn -

I love the quilt, what ever color it happens to be!

Have a great weekend.

Sarah N.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow, I would never have thought the difference in lighting would have been that huge. I know my camera has different settings for different kinds of light, but haven't played around with it.
Tell us more about the quilt. Did you design all the blocks and the setting? I like the center starburst and the vines with leaves.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I know, isn't that amazing! This quilt was this years "girl gang" quilt by Jan Patek who is a primitive/folk art designer. However this quilt was designed by a friend of hers Cheri Ralston whose stuff I LOVE! Cheri just had her first book come out this year called "Stars all around Us". Cheri has designed a ton of quilts in the past that show up in books by Jan. So I can't take any credit for designing it, but it was so much fun to make because all the blocks are so different. I love it!