Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Star for Wednesday


Well, since life and work have been so busy, I'm going to keep running with Finn's idea for star quilts! I have plenty of them!



So today my star quilt is a large feathered star quilt I made for my sister to hang in the cathedral ceiling entry way of her home! It is hanging above the coat closet so I needed a pattern that would hold its own from far away! Course I had to do some fancy quilting on it anyway since it was for my sister! She picked out the fabrics which was hard at first for me since they are not my colors/style prints, but they are perfect for her house. And the quilt turned out awesome! I was so happy with the quilting I did! I was pretty proud of it - if I do say so myself! (I'm not a quilting whiz like Bonnie, and I do all my quilting on my Pfaff - not a long arm).

So that is the star for today!

5 comments from wonderful readers:

Finn said...

Dawn it is spectacular ! I am in awe of your quilting and piecing abilities. Even back when I could see with both eyes, I'm not sure I could have done such a beautiful job! Give yourself high praise for that one..and thanks for more stars !!!! *VBG*

Tracey said...

OH MY GOSH, DAWN!! You did that ON YOUR MACHINE?!?! That is A-MAZING!! I'm in awe. You're darn right you should be proud of it!! I have come to the conclusion that I was born withOUT the gene to be able to machine quilt. So, I'll just stick with my needle, thread and thimble.
Way to go, girlie!!

Joanne said...

Wow, Dawn -- I'd say you are a quilting whiz! The quilting is amazing. I can only wish and practice, practice, practice and I'll never be that good!
I might have to think about making a Feathered Star quilt, too -- someday! I bet your sister loves this one!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Very showy - I bet it looks incredible up there on the wall. Great color contrasts and your quilting is excellent.

Carolyn said...

Dawn, your quilting is amazing! I can't quilt like that WITH my longarm...you did a spectacular job. I don't know how you ever gave it away!