Thursday, December 29, 2005

A great Christmas Present


Finally got a chance to share with you a great Christmas present I got from my good quilting buddy! This summer we went to our annual quilt retreat in Rockford and they always have a garage sale. Usually the teachers from the Quilters General Store have for sale class samples and quilts they have done. This year was no exception. Well there was one for sale of indigo's and repro fabrics of these tiny baskets that I just loved! I no way wanted to make it myself, and didn't want to spend the money to buy it.

Well my friend saw me drooling over it - or maybe into it - and snuck around and bought it for me for my Christmas present! I was so shocked when I opened the package!

I have it hanging over my rocking chair in my living room right now! It looks so perfect there! The HSTs are probably 1-inch finished size!

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year! I feel better now that I got my formatting in my blog fixed! Bonnie noticed it didn't work well in other browsers other than ie - so I had to start over and figure out what went wrong! I've never used netscape or firefox, so that was a whole new experience for me!

7 comments from wonderful readers:

Joanne said...

Great gift, Dawn! You go to Farm Fest every year? Just got QGS's newsletter in the mail today!

quiltpixie said...

What a lovely gift

Tonya Ricucci said...

You lucky girl to have such a marvelous friend and such a marvelous quilt to boot. I like the pinks in there.

Lucy said...

This is real a suprising gift !!!
I would have that I could see your face when you opens it !

The Calico Cat said...

How lucky (I get to see my quilty gift tonight) I love how it is patriotic without being over the top 4th of July - if you know what I mean.

Holly said...

What a great friend you have! That's a pretty quilt - I can see why you were drooling. I'll bet your free form fans aren't as bad as you think. Looking forward to seeing them.

Finn said...

Beautiful quilt Dawn, so happy that it came to live with you..*VBS*