Saturday, December 03, 2005

I"ve been "un-Discovered" AGAIN!

Can you believe it! I went to the new Super WalMart in the next town over today with my youngest. Haven't been to WalMart in about 2 months. My husband gave me $ so I wouldn't have to charge the stuff we needed.

Emily and I go shopping, have a nice girls lunch and go home.

I walk in the door at home and the first thing my husband says is "why did you charge the stuff at WalMart after I gave you money". I said - I didn't, I paid cash. He says "well Discover just called checking if the charges at WalMart not too long ago this morning were ours". So I look in my wallet and sure enough, my card is safe and sound there. So I tell him - I paid cash.

So back on the phone he gets with Discover. Now don't forget - this is our new card we just got about 2 weeks ago from them. Turns out there were 2 purchases at WalMart this morning for over $800 each on our card! It even is showing in their system that they were made with an actual card swipe. Now isn't that weird. My husband and still both have our cards!

Needless to say our account is turned off again and are awaiting new cards - AGAIN. Geez. Bummer is this is not the time of year to be without the credit card. Good thing is at least Discover caught it before charging us and we had no problem reversing all the bad charges. But is sure stinks that we have to go through all that. Can you believe we have never had a problem ever with our cards until the last month.

Tomorrow I should have some pics. Been sewing up a storm!

6 comments from wonderful readers:

Granny said...

Dawn, that is so weird about the credit cards. Scares me! I wonder how that's happening.

Good luck getting it straightened out.

Judy L.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh nooo. good thing the company discovered it. fingers crossed this gets straightened out soon(need those prezzies!)

Lucy said...

Oh bad thing! Just when you have your sparetime with your daughter alone!

Catherine said...

Scary. How did they do it? Is it a "discover" problem....I am sure they will get a card to you soon. They do want you to use it, a lot!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Just to be on the safe side, I would order a free credit report to double check that there aren't any other cards out there in your name, being used by someone else - that you don't know about.

Is there any way you can check your card statement yourself on-line? I would keep an eye on it.

Good luck getting it all straighted out.

Cheers!

Finn said...

Oh Dawn, doesn't it make you just want to give up on the whole thing?? It seems to go on and on...hope this is the last episode for you. Sooo glad you caught it..not pleasant, but it could have been worse..Hugs, Finn