Thursday, December 08, 2005

Orphan Charity Quilt


Here is a picture of a charity quilt I finished this weekend made from some orphan blocks. I won the blocks at our guild and made a really cute quilt out of most of them - these were the leftovers. And of course the back used up a lot of old scraps and some uglies!


I also posted a picture below of the original quilt I made from the blocks.

6 comments from wonderful readers:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Both those quilts are really fun - I love the tilted setting on your quilt. Some child is going to be really happy to have that orphan quilt.

Finn said...

Way to go Dawn..orphans and a first class one..! I love the backing for your orphans. I've been cutting odds and ends into those 10.5" squares just so I can make on that way..LOL.

Great job on both of them..I like the way you used them and made them wonky!!

Granny said...

Dawn: Both quilts are great. Can you imagine how happy someone will be to receive the donated quilt? Even the back is happy and lively!

Judy L.

Quiltgranny said...

What fun! Dancing Dutchmen!!!!

Holly said...

Fun quilts, Dawn. I like the colorful border fabric and the cheery colors.

Joanne said...

Great job! I've been just catching up with your last week -- bummer on the Discover card -- they must have issued you someone else's number! How strange is that?
Love your wool table mat.