Monday, December 19, 2005

Quilt Store Field Trip

Well I got to go to one of my favorite quilt stores when I went to get Holly on Friday! I would have spent way too much money and time there if I had gone alone, but Mark came with and sat in the car - his motive - to make me hurry and not spend money!

But I did snap some pics for you. I forgot to get a picture of the outside though. Darn it. The shop - Quilters Harvest - is in an old church. It is so adorable. Still has a little white picket fence in front and stained glass windows. It has a great feeling to it.

And they had a quilt made up like my small basket quilt I just showed Lucy all made up in bigger size! This is the shop that I got the pattern from in the first place years and years ago. Can you believe the shop is in the same town as Purdue! Talk about lucky! Anyway, one of the professors from Purdue has this most wonderful line of small reproduction quilts that she publishes and sells through this store. I had got the little basket one at Paducah from this store about 5 years ago! This was the first year that Carol took her patterns to market and one of the ladies who took one of Carol's classes decided to enlarge this quilt. Well it turned out so cute that Carol decided to enlarge it for a pattern also - so now I may just have to make a bigger version of it!

Anyway - I'm wandering in my thoughts here. So I snapped some pictures of the inside of the shop to share. Isn't visiting new quilt shops fun! OK - so online isn't quite as fun as in real life but this was the best I could do for you all!

7 comments from wonderful readers:

Finn said...

Wow..a new quilt shop! I can see why it would be your favorite..the colors and types of quilts are right up your alley..*VBS*

Thank you for doing the work to take the pictures for us..*S* Did you buy some things??? Inquiring minds need to know..so do quilters..*VBG*

Carolyn said...

OMG...this place is amazing! So many beautiful quilts on display...do you go here often? I checked out the website, it's great. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Loved the quilt shop visit via the internet! Great job capturing lots of eye candy.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Lucy said...

What a great beautifull amazing quiltshop!!! I thionk you felt like a littel girl when you was there! And ohh so fun to see your quilt there too. I love all teh quilts hanging there! Lovley, real lovely

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fabulous store - thanks for the tour. too bad about the waiting husband - I understand that one all too well.

Lucy said...

I keep looking at these pictures.. now the second look I fell in love at the christmas quilt with the tree:c)

Joanne said...

What a fabulous quilt shop. Might have to do a shop hop trip to Indiana one of these days!