Friday, March 03, 2006

My friend Lynn's Independence Quilt so far

So many of you wanted me to share pictures of my friend Lynn's Independence quilt so you could see our variations! So here you go! Isn't the eagle great! She put the eagle in where I put the word Liberty - I love that idea! And I love that she added the big star on the flag - I think I"m going to have to steal that idea - I like the the added punch it gives! We both are using the same fabric line for the major pieces of fabric - isn't it fun to see how different they look even with the same fabric line! And of course our own little personality touches thrown in!

Things are fine, I'm back from mom's and she is as good as can be expected. Her mood is lifting a little. I was so tired when I got back and work just shoved it all in my face Wednesday when I got back - so I"m totally overwhelmed with work. Needless to say that is why I haven't had time to catch up on the blogs or post. Hopefully after this weekend I'll be a bit more in control! I miss you all!

4 comments from wonderful readers:

Finn said...

Hi Dawn, so glad you are home again, so sorry it's all so overwhelming and in your face. Probably some rest will help..*VBS* Lynn's quilt is really lovely, but yours is my favorite...for me, the LIBERTY does it...I like your style!!! Hugs, Finn

Laura said...

Both of your quilts are going to be great. That you are both thinking out of the box is what is going to make them such neat quilts when they are finished. Glad you made it back home and that mom is doing better!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

It's going to be so great! I've really missed your posts, and I'm glad you are home. So sorry you have so much on your shoulders right now!

Bonnie

Darcie said...

It's great to have you back, Dawn!

Thanks for sharing Lynn's version of your "quilt duo." She's got really great, personal touches too.

When work is biting you...just remember those darling lobster heads looking up at you! All of the craziness just goes to show you that things fall apart when you're not there. Hope that this coming week is much better.