Friday, June 08, 2007

I keep on truckin'....

I"m not really truckin' but I feel like I keep going and going and going with Jenna's quilt. BUT - I"m making progress! Tonight I finished all the pieces! I have 9 more blocks I have to put the 9 patch sections together, but that is it! All the other blocks are together! And look! I even started putting rows together! It is finally starting to look like a quilt!

I"m kind of excited to get this done to I can start doing fun sewing again! Well not that this isn't fun, but you know, play type stuff!

16 comments from wonderful readers:

Anna said...

It's looking great! It will be fun to see the finished product!

Darlene said...

Looking really great!

Unknown said...

Those sashings and cornerstones are really making it come together - what a lovely thing for her to keep :o)

Joyce said...

It's looking wonderful. It's going to be so much fun arranging all those colors together.

QuiltingFitzy said...

What a terrific keepsake for her! Great job.

Jeanne said...

Oh, Dawn, those colors are GREAT!!

Jeanne :)

Angie said...

That's going to be a beautiful quilt, Dawn! I love the colors you're using. :)

Joanne said...

This is going to be a fantastic quilt. Jenna will treasure it forever. I love the colors (figure that out -- I'm all about country colors!)

Darcie said...

What gorgeous color! And I love all of the secondary patterns that are appearing now that more blocks are side by side. Very cool, Mom!

Kim West said...

These are looking great!!!

Elaine Adair said...

Ohhh, so graphic and crisp! Great job. I'll be watching for a finish.

Carol E. said...

I love those gorgeous colors! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Libby said...

I have enjoyed seeing all the blocks and knew this would be a special quilt . . . but seeing the rows together just shows how it's really coming to life. Wow!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Such a lot to comment on, you are too prolific, I can't keep up with my viewing!
1. love jenna's graduation quilt, the drawn in squares are a great idea. Imagine your next project will be very "free' though after this!
2. Your little Spring challenge is fabulous! Love those colours, will be off to the fat quarter shop link next!
3. Happy birthday to your daughter, love the balloon creations-circus very much on the cards!
Cheers, Tracey

meggie said...

Lovely blocks, what fun.

atet said...

Yes, even when the quilt is fun -- if it keeps us from playing it does feel like work. But what beautiful work. Keep at it!