Sunday, September 02, 2007

3 Fat Turkeys are we-eeee....

3 Fat Turkeys are we-eeeee,
We slept all night in a tree-eee,
When the farmer came around,
We couldn't be found,
So that's why we're here you see!


My favorite song my kids all learned in 1st grade is 5 Fat Turkeys. All 4 of them learned it. This time of year I start singing it in my head over and over. It is one of those songs you just can't get out! Maybe because it holds such sweet memories?

Anyway, I also made the last few weeks 3 wool table rugs of this adorable turkey. One is mine and the other 2 are gifts. Nancy already got hers and loves it! She keeps teasing me about it sticking its tongue out at her! What is that called again - the snood?

Anyway, I didn't want to put wool on the back, so I used fun thanksgiving fabric! I stitched it all on my machine since I was too lazy to do it by hand! And I used a really fun wool thread that works in the machine. Anyway, they turned out pretty good don't you think?

19 comments from wonderful readers:

Mar said...

Those are so cute! I'm partial to the plaid one.

Unknown said...

I think they're great fun :o)

Libby said...

What a cute song. I think I would like to agree that it's a tongue . . . it's hot today and I'm sure that's how I look. If it isn't a tongue, I might have to admit that my neck looks like that every day *s* They really are cuties.

Tazzie said...

Your turkeys are super cute. I have never heard the song before, but I can imagine how it sounds, so fun!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Nancy in MT said...

Are you telling me it's not a tongue, I love mine and I did notice the beautiful Thanksgiving fabric on the back, don't know how you did it all with the machine and have it lined up so perfectly.

Tonya Ricucci said...

great gifts. i have never heard that song. boy, i'm working on halloween adn you've already jumped to Thanksgiving!

Mar said...

I just remembered, I think it's called a "waddle"?

meggie said...

What a fun project! They are so cute.

Melanie said...

I love these--- the fall fabric on the back is perfect...Just farling...Each one has a personality that you created in their faces,,

Darlene said...

Perfect backing for these Fat Turkeys. Recepients will love them.

Jeanne said...

Oh, they're just too CUTE!!!! I'm saving this in my "Ideas" folder.
Jeanne :)

Laurie Ann said...

Oh, man, those turkeys are just adorable!!! I love love love them! Yes, I think it is a waddle.

Texan said...

Very, very cute!!!!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I love them and those red tongues are so funny!

Lucy said...

Your gifts are awesome!

YankeeQuilter said...

Way too cute! I'm making some Thanksgiving tablerunners but they aren't half as fun as these!!!

Laura said...

Good isn't the word, more like awesome! I love them!

Darcie said...

These are terrific! Darling little song, too!

Cathie said...

These little guys are soooooo funny -- I love them.