Friday, February 22, 2008

More blocks

Here are 3 more blocks for this weeks Civil War quilt. They are all turning out so fun!

And here is one of my night TV viewing projects! I just started it, so I have a long way to go yet. But I"m using Tracey's back-basting method - I really like it!

And here is one other very long term project. I started quilting this last year, but it has been put away for about a year now, so it is time to get it back out and worked on. I only have about 1/3 of it done, but I"m quilting it fairly heavy and love it so far. I don't get hand work done too fast, but someday it will be finished!

13 comments from wonderful readers:

Chookyblue...... said...

I am enjoying your civil war blocks...........

Elaine Adair said...

The blocks are each so pretty - you do neat work, but I LOVE to see a quilt in a frame, during hand quilting. Wish we were not all so in a hurry!

Libby said...

Yeah for Kentucky Wildflower! Is there a place we can see the quilt you are hand quilting? Love to get a little peak *s*

Wendy said...

Your new blocks look great and the hand quilting is fantastic.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your CW blocks look great! I joined in today and ordered my book. Now to wait until the book arrives! Yikes!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Love the colors in the new blocks.

Mary Johnson said...

I'm enjoying see the Civil War blocks on everyone's blogs too. I ordered the books and they've arrived but I think they'll have to be a future project for me. In the meantime I'll enjoy seeing yours.

canquilt said...

These civil war block are so fun and it is really fun seeing what everyone else has done. I love that quilt that you have in the hoop, I can't wait to see that one!

antique quilter said...

great blocks Dawn!
and oh I love that quilt your quilting, take your time enjoy the process and yes lots of hand quilting on it!
kathie

Darlene said...

Awesome handquilting! Love your CWD blocks! I need to get busy!

Carol said...

Love your blocks...they are just so much fun to do.

Juliann in WA said...

You have some great projects going. I am off to check out that back basting tutorial. Thanks for the link.

Lea said...

Dawn, I have this Kentucky Wildflower kit. Gee, I totally forgot about it!*LOL*
Yours looks wonderful, I love it.
and your CW blocks. Boy, You are so fast. I love those colors and your fabric choice is sperb! as always.