Monday, April 18, 2011

Australasian Quilt Convention - Melbourne

So much to share with you all! But I thought I would share some pics from the Australiasian Quilt Convention that I went to in Melbourne! Above is me with notorious Ned Kelly - an Australian bushranger. (Notice the Ned Kelly thimbles on his fingers!) Robin, Me, Linda, Anne - I got to meet Linda Collins from Quilts in the Barn! And Corliss Searcey from Threadbear Patchwork and Quilting in front of her "The English Basket Quilt" - isn't it GORGEOUS! I went with my friends Jody (middle) and Cathy (left) - we had a blast! We took Melbourne by storm! And ate lots of yummy food! I could have stayed and ate my way through Melbourne!

Cathy, Tess (her daughter), Jody and myself eating on Lygon Street.


13 comments from wonderful readers:

Lori said...

That looks like fun!!! What wonderful quilts and people you got to see.

Barb said...

How fun!!

Linda said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh there is so much happy going on!!! And would you look at those quilts. You're going to start working on that Basket quilt next, right? Umm, can I mention that plate of food? I have to because it looks so darn good and I'm certain I'm starved half to death now!!!!

Melanie said...

Completely jealous! What a wonderful trip.....

antique quilter said...

looks like your having so much fun!
wasn't meeting Linda wonderful!
how did you like the quilt show?
kathie

Libby said...

Oh what a FUN trip - thank you for bringing back great photos to share. Sort of like getting to travel along with you *s*

MARCIE said...

Hey Dawn, good for you! Looks like you all had a blast and wow--fabulous quilts!

Sharon said...

Looks like you had a blast. I got to meet Linda in NYC, what a sweetie she is! Love the baskets pattern, very pretty.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad your having a great time in OZ.........

Janet said...

The best way to do a quilt show is with like minded friends, glad you had such a good time.

Vivian said...

Obviously a wonderful time, Dawn. Beautiful quilts, new friends, wonderful adventures, and delicious food. The only thing missing is chocolate!

Carole said...

Yummy! I was wondering if you had met up with Aussie bloggers! Good for you! Wow, what a great time! Thanks for sharing! cheers!