Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gwen Marston Here I Come!


Well I only have 3 more days to wait until Gwen's lecture and 4 more days for her Liberated Log Cabin class! Above is a picture of what the block looks like we are doing and I went to the quilt shop yesterday and got some fabrics! I wanted new fabrics - just because! But these are all repro like so I'll use the leftovers in my repro scrap quilts!

Today has been so busy at work, but as you see I did find time to update my "look". Kind of hard for me since I'm not the valentine's day kind of girl! But I"m happy with it!






















16 comments from wonderful readers:

Finn said...

Wow..you got all those??? Amazing!! I'll bet you can hardly wait to get started with them. I'm so envious of you getting to do the class and the lecture...*VBG*..just kidding..come back and share all!!

Cher said...

lucky woman! hope the days fly by until you get to hear the lecture and then take the workshop...looks like tons of fun!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I am so stinking jealous I just can NOT stand it!

So..you have to tell her that we all love her on the quilt mavericks ring and she needs to know we have links to her website and want to be her when we grow up! :c)

Our little logo in the nav panel is actually one of her wonky stars I made....I am SO hooked on her. Now I have to bow down to you too because you are going and I'm not! *LOL*
Bonnie

Granny said...

Love your new look and love the fabrics! Can't way to see what you make with Gwen. I'm with Bonnie . . sure wish I was there too.

Judy L.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hey, you're gonna take some actual scraps with you too, right?
You are soooo lucky. She's gonna have some of her own quilts there and you're actually gonna get to see them. Wheeeeee.

antique quilter said...

Make sure you bring your digital camera (and an extra battery and probably a back up camera , you need to be prepared for this !)and take lots of pictures for all of us to see! I am soooooo jealous I just can't stand it :)
Love the look of your new blog...hopefully someday soon I can fiqure out how to make mine more creative!

Patti said...

Can't wait to hear all about the class Dawn. Gwen is such a marvelously creative person. My Tangled Threads friend Kim has taken several classes from her and loved every single one of them. I second Kathie's comments - take lots of pictures for us to see!

quiltpixie said...

Have a blast with your log cabins! they'll be sooo much fun from the look of it...

Quiltgranny said...

Love the colors you've got there, girl! And tell her that Sharon in KS has a message on her answering machine about the Asilomar class.....I need to know if I am supposed to bring background type fabric, too! And if the 27 quarters of fabrics are supposed to have any value changes in them? I can hardly wait for your class!

Laura said...

Great fabrics Dawn! Guess who is heading to Miss Mary's quilting cottage tomorrow....ha ha. You need to make a visit to Holly this weekend!

Tracey said...

Love the new look, Dawn...and those fabrics?! OOOOOOOOOH MAN!! Beautiful!! Have fun at the class!

Lucy said...

I agree with Bonnie, I am stinky jealous too.. I would die for a lecture of gwen.. ANd the fabrics,..oohhh you know already that they are to die for too :c) Promise that you tell us everything about the lecture...

Darcie said...

OK. I think you should forget about taking your camera...and JUST TAKE ALL OF US INSTEAD!!!

;-) LOL

You are going to have so, SOOO, SEW much fun, Dawn!

Darcie said...

Oh yeah. Love your knew background look. How are all of you smarty-pants doing this???

Holly said...

Love the fabrics you chose. Looking forward to seeing your liberated log cabin quilt. And that fabricalc? What are they gonna come out with next! That is way cool :)

Quiltgranny said...

Ok, Ok, Ok, save your scraps, send them with Gwen and tell her to give them to ME in March in CA! ANd if you don't take me with you this time, I'll take YOU with me in March! LOL! Love the pics!