Monday, January 23, 2006

Quick Hello

OK, this weekend has been hectic! But I did get our computers wireless networked, a new dvd/cd burner installed and attempted to do a wireless print server but that didn't work and I was too tired to keep trying!

Because today I"m suppose to get satellite broadband. Where we live we can't get cable or DSL, so this is our only option. The guy has been out to our house once today, but it a bit hazy out, so he said it would be better to wait an hour or so, so that the dish gets pointed in the right direction. So I'm waiting! But hopefully be the end of today I can have more than one computer on the internet at a time and my phone won't be tied up!

I worked on some sunburst stars this weekend. I"ll show you one now, and hopefully more later when I have faster speed. This one is going to go in a bonus project for the monthly class I teach at the local quilt shop. It will be small wall hanging with stars, sun and moon. I"ll be giving this to a friend for her birthday! I"m loving the colors in it right now!

Oh and by the way, I haven't had time to try out the calculator yet! Can you believe that!

7 comments from wonderful readers:

Cher said...

good luck with the broadband-the speed will be terrific plus freeing up the phone too. Your star is gorgeous...thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

You'll love your satelite internet. We put it in a month ago and can't imagine how we got by so long on dial-up!

Laura said...

Glad you are going satellite! We are in the same boat, we can only get dial-up in our area, one of the problems of living rural!

Lucy said...

Oh Dawn this is a beauty .. I love it , teh pattern the farbcis. Great

Anonymous said...

I bought some of these fabrics today I think - Wuthering Heights? Gorgeous block. And broadband - don't know how we ever managed without it LOL.

Darcie said...

Love your fabric/color choices for this little Starburst, Dawn! It's darling!

Finn said...

The sunburst stars look just great..as always, your work is fabulous!!! Hurray for broad band..!!