Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I got to play tonight!

Joanne thought it looked like I did a good job and deserved a break after finishing the 2 raffle quilt tops!

Well I thought I deserved to play! I've been dying just to sew something not required! So I played tonight!

First I did make 4 stars which I need for the Girl Gang class I teach at the quilt shop each month. But they are fun stars so it was like playing! I don't have them on the quilt yet, but here are 4 of the 6 stars I need to make.

And then I dug through my stash to find some ugly printed fabric to play with 4-patch stack n whack blocks! The fabric I found wasn't quite as large as you normally would like it to be, but it still made some fun blocks! I got 24 blocks done! So now I"m making sashings and if I do this right I think I can get 2 small quilts out of them for charity!

So I"m doing the happy dance - I finally got to play!

4 comments from wonderful readers:

quiltpixie said...

Its wonderful when playtime finally comes isn't it? The stars look very cheerful, hope the quilt group enjoys...

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hurray for playing - woohoo.

Lucy said...

I love the stars !! Great pattern In which shop you do you teach ??

Lucy said...

I love your new profile picture. and I saw already on your "sample" blog your fabulous needlepunch!!