Monday, January 09, 2006

My Free Form Fans are done!

Woo Hooo! I finished my free form fans quilt this weekend while watching A&E's Pride and Prejudice! I had seen the current version in the theaters but had never seen this version which Tonya had recommended. So I ordered the tapes from the library (6 of them) and watched it this weekend while finishing my fans! A double bonus!

I tried to take some closeups also for you - not sure if you'll be able to see how "off" mine are. The are free all right - but not much form!

But as Tonya and Finn said - they do look better once it is all done!


11 comments from wonderful readers:

Anonymous said...

I love that movie. It is my favorite one to quilt by...plus it's like eight hours long...You get a lot done. I haven't seen the new version yet...because I'm afraid I"ll be bitter. Your quilt looks great.

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely! That is exactly how that quilt should look! It is very authentic. (Mine will scream why did she long arm those fans? Becasue the quilt is so freaking big....)

Lucy said...

What a beauty !!lovely fabrics!! and indeed your fans looks great now when the whole quilt is done!! I finished my little nine patch this weekend :c) ..

Finn said...

I think you did a good job Dawn, they don't look bad at all. All that fretting was for nothing..*VBS*

Anonymous said...

I love this little quilt - my favourite colours are pink and green. I'm loving these freeform fans more and more :-)

Joanne said...

Great quilt, Dawn. I like the looks of the fans.
(Also like this background for your blog better than the last one!)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh you and your complaining - they look fabulous. You just have to do another quilt with fans now so you continue to get practise and feel more comfortable doing them.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

It turned out TERRIFIC!! It is just the perfect look for that little antique looking quilt. You need to do some more on another quilt, come on, you know you want to! :c)

Bonnie

YankeeQuilter said...

Any Jane Austin movie is great to quilt by! Of course I have four sisters so maybe I relate a little too much to it. The free form takes some getting used to but your will love the freedom it gives you! Sio

Patty said...

What a beautiful choice of colors. Its just so pretty.

Darcie said...

Your free-form fans turned out just great, Dawn! Are you going to do more? Was it a nice respite from machine quilting most of the time? I don't do much handwork myself, but do enjoy hand stitching binding, embroidery...that sort of thing.