Friday, January 27, 2006

I've been LIBERATED!

Oh I can't even begin to tell you how much fun tonight was! I didn't want to leave and come home! I wanted to stay and sew all night! I"ve fallen in love with these little liberated log cabins!
I wasn't sure how my fabric would look. I loved it, but was afraid it would all be too busy since so many of Gwen's liberated log cabins are solids. Well they worked! And never before have I ever even considered doing a series of quilts! The whole way home all I could think about was all the options I would love to do!

So for tonight I just wanted to post a few pictures. More this weekend.

Darn blogger isn't letting post pics at the moment. I"ll have to add them tomorrow.

3 comments from wonderful readers:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh, Dawn, I'm so excited for you. Wish I really could have been there too. Can't wait to see pics of your work. And you're gonna make more? Woohoo.

Sarah said...

Dawn - so glad you had such a great time at the Gwen Marsten weekend! Thanks for sharing so many great pictures. Can't wait to see the liberated long cabins.

Sarah

Joanne said...

Wow, Dawn -- you have been so busy -- I'm just catching up for the past couple of weeks! Lucky you on taking the classes with Gwen! Let us know how you like the Calc. I love your sunburst quilts -- you really do beautiful work.